NCAA: Bowl Season 2021-22: The most wonderful time of the year

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
People don’t stay home and watch tv on New Year’s Eve, especially in the demos they need to attract.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
The semis should be tonight and tomorrow in the years they can't be NYD.

I miss the days of having the BCS games in primetime spread out over the 1st week of the new year. Now we shoehorn all the games into a couple days. It's made the Citrus irrelevant since it's against the Fiesta, that was the traditional Rose Bowl appetizer for a long time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The semis should be tonight and tomorrow in the years they can't be NYD.

I miss the days of having the BCS games in primetime spread out over the 1st week of the new year. Now we shoehorn all the games into a couple days. It's made the Citrus irrelevant since it's against the Fiesta, that was the traditional Rose Bowl appetizer for a long time.
Everything being on ESPN/ABC devalues a lot of them as well. When you had all kinds of networks, showing the top games, yeah some of them were at the same time, but it seemed bigger because they were all big networks. If you're going to run them early on New Year's Day though and have 2 or 3 up against each other from one network, that's going to devalue them. They should all get their own space to breathe, and none of them should be crammed in like the Peach Bowl was since the NFL vacated that Thursday.

And like I said, people don't really want to sit around on New Year's Eve, they definitely don't want to plan to do that. New Year's Eve was the actual holiday this year too, so people were off work. But having games go until 11pm on New Year's Eve night is stupid.

New Year's Day is different, people were out all night, so they are looking to sit and be lazy and recoup because so many people are going back to work the next day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad