Tribute Bowen Byram Appreciation Thread

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He can play RD as well, but he was blocked there by Makar and Manson
The fact that G and Manson weren’t passed is really the crux of the issue with Byram here. He should have passed them and just never took the step.

Did he play the right side any time before this season? Because if not, the data would seem to suggest if you play him there, you'll probably regret it.
It has been off and on prior. More consistent this year… pretty much all of his minutes with Girard were on the right.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Feel terrible for the kid - concussions and now Buffalo of all places. Sure he won a cup but I hope that’s not the peak of his career (so early)

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
He's probably on Buffalo's 3rd pairing, too. He's not playing ahead of Dahlin or Power.

I keep hearing from Buffalo fans that Dahlin has played on the right side for years now. IF that's the case, Byram makes more sense as Dahlin's LHD partner. That's a much bigger opportunity for Bo even if he's not getting PP1 time- maybe Buffalo lets Byram run their PP2, which is more than he got in Colorado.

If they do play both Dahlin and Power on the left, Buffalo was one of the worst places for Byram to land in. It's just more of the same misuse he received in Colorado.

For Avs fans who will miss Byram, I think he's at least going to enjoy his teammates:

Last edited:

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Hoping the kid gets the role he wants over there.

Would be cool to see him on the top pairing with Dahlin.

Reactions: Alienblood

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I keep hearing from Buffalo fans that Dahlin has played on the right side for years now. IF that's the case, Byram makes more sense as Dahlin's LHD partner. That's a much bigger opportunity for Bo even if he's not getting PP1 time- maybe Buffalo lets Byram run their PP2, which is more than he got in Colorado.

If they do play both Dahlin and Power on the left, Buffalo was one of the worst places for Byram to land in. It's just more of the same misuse he received in Colorado.

For Avs fans who will miss Byram, I think he's at least going to enjoy his teammates:

He will be playing left side with Dahlin to start for sure. Dahlin will always be RD unless he's with Jokiharju. He played mostly right side last year with Samuelsson when he was a Norris threat.

Would be interested to see (if Dahlin pairing doesn't work out) :
Power-Dahlin
Byram-Jokiharju

Reactions: Ararana

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
He will be playing left side with Dahlin to start for sure. Dahlin will always be RD unless he's with Jokiharju. He played mostly right side last year with Samuelsson when he was a Norris threat.

Would be interested to see (if Dahlin pairing doesn't work out) :
Power-Dahlin
Byram-Jokiharju

Byram - Dahlin is going to be nasty for you guys. That top four could rival any team in the league.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Granato said he’s going to start Byram with Dahlin. I’m not particularly optimistic that it goes well, though. That just seems like it’s asking Dahlin to babysit a much worse version of himself. I suppose we’ll see. Hope Bo proves me wrong.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I think putting him with Dahlin is the right move. I've been a believer for a very long time that Byram needs to be playing major minutes. I still think he has the ability to be a number one. He has shown high level play at different times in all three zones, it's about consistently making the right decisions and not yoloing yourself into disasters. Sometimes it's better for guys like that to just go out there and play a ton of minutes even if you have to live with some car crashes along the way.

The player I have compared him to for a while is a less talented young Kris Letang. A kid that is obviously very skilled and can have stretches of high level play....but also tends to go on adventures and will do things that make you want to throw a brick through the tv screen. Byram is also still younger than Letang was when he really broke out as a high level player.

Reactions: Alienblood

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Granato said he’s going to start Byram with Dahlin. I’m not particularly optimistic that it goes well, though. That just seems like it’s asking Dahlin to babysit a much worse version of himself. I suppose we’ll see. Hope Bo proves me wrong.
well Byram couldn't get top pairing with the Avs cause Toews l had to babysit Makar so..

• Haha
Reactions: The Moops

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Good for Bo! I think it's like Barrie getting moved. Sad to see him go, but I also think the Avs sold him on potential and brought in a 2C who has only improved. Hope he has a great career.

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
I'll never forget the first time I watched Bo was during the World Jrs a number of years back (2020?) and saying to myself, "God, I am so happy we drafted this kid." One of the very best players on that Canadian roster, bar none. He was every bit as good as advertised, which made the forthcoming concussion issues so much sadder. Will miss the kid, though the decision to part ways was the right one. Buffalo better treat our boy well.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Did he play the right side any time before this season? Because if not, the data would seem to suggest if you play him there, you'll probably regret it.
The data suggests playing him on any NHL roster in any role is a mixed bag. He has lots of potential and needs to hit the next level soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad