Recalled/Assigned: Bournival sent to Hamilton for the weekend

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
That's our way of developing prospects:

Sent down -> called up -> press box -> 4 mins on fourth line -> repeat.

If you're a D, play on fourth line as well.

While I'm usually fast to criticize MT for this type of thing, Bournival is returning from a lengthy shoulder injury and this is a pretty standard conditioning assignment...

I fully expect him to take Tangradi's spot after a few games with Hamilton.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
While I'm usually fast to criticize MT for this type of thing, Bournival is returning from a lengthy shoulder injury and this is a pretty standard conditioning assignment...

This. And Tagradi can hang around too. It's good to carry an extra F and D on the roster.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Good to hear he's ready for some games. Get him back into game shape and then make some decisions with the direction of the big club.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
So probably 50% chance he's back in lineup VS Canucks and 100% VS Kings?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Bournival better replace Tangradi who brings nothing to the team.

Also, is anyone else disappointed that Malhotra is no points in 28 games?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

A little bit, but he wasn't brought here to score goals. He's doing great things at the faceoff circle. Some scoring would undeniably be a nice bonus, but I can't be too upset that he hasn't put up any numbers yet.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014

I have mixed feelings about this one. You could say that a 4th line that is good at faceoffs and defensively is fine, but since this line will eventually get scored, if it brings 0 offense, the sum is negative. Then again, all our centers have improved at faceoffs since Malhotra's here, so I guess it depends what you think a 4th line role should be.

Btw, it's 27 games rather than 28, unless you're predicting he'll get to 28 games without points ;)

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

It could and should be disappointing, but at this moment there are so many things that are more concerning than Malhotra not scoring.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
I have mixed feelings about this one. You could say that a 4th line that is good at faceoffs and defensively is fine, but since this line will eventually get scored, if it brings 0 offense, the sum is negative. Then again, all our centers have improved at faceoffs since Malhotra's here, so I guess it depends what you think a 4th line role should be.

Btw, it's 27 games rather than 28, unless you're predicting he'll get to 28 games without points ;)

It's worth noting that where his game strength lies requires limited vision peripherally. Anyway, like Yannick Perrault, his toolbox has one exceptional tool among others. Great to see other centers learning from him though. I hope he can stay useful enough in other areas to stick around past this year. He's got good leadership skills.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It's worth noting that where his game strength lies requires limited vision peripherally. Anyway, like Yannick Perrault, his toolbox has one exceptional tool among others. Great to see other centers learning from him though. I hope he can stay useful enough in other areas to stick around past this year. He's got good leadership skills.

He wears #20. He won't be around next year. That's been our rotating number for a long time. Has anyone kept it for more than a season since Zednik left? :laugh:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Tangredi has 3 more days to make a difference. Must be hanging heavy over his head.

Santa Claus

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
That is, if he doesn't get suspended.

- Stéphane Quintal

I doubt it. He hit him on the shoulder as he rolled off his back. It was his visor that cut him, not the boards.

If he didn't get hit (in the back), you must acquit!

- Johnny Cochrane

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Bournival has 1 goal in his last 39 games.

Thats quite funny.
First NHL year last year.
Still a rookie and is very young.

Yeah its hopeless at this point. Lets develop old 4th liners instead of him. (!!!)

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
He wears #20. He won't be around next year. That's been our rotating number for a long time. Has anyone kept it for more than a season since Zednik left? :laugh:

Richard Zednik (2001-2006)
P.J. Stock (2001)
Mike Johnson (2007)
Bryan Smolinski (2008)
Robert Lang (2009)
Ryan O'Byrne (2010-2011)
Jay Leach (2010)
James Wisniewski (2011)
Colby Armstrong (2013)
Thomas Vanek (2014)
Manny Malhotra (2015)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thats quite funny.
First NHL year last year.
Still a rookie and is very young.

Yeah its hopeless at this point. Lets develop old 4th liners instead of him. (!!!)

defensive much? I don't see what's funny about it, and he's not a rookie anymore but in no way did I say anything about it being hopeless. The poster said that Malhotra is no points in 28 games, but clearly Bournival isn't doing much better in terms of offense. Malhotra is here to help us win games and imo he's done a great job so far on the 4th line.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Not really. Malhotra has never been known for scoring, and after his eye injury, it would frankly be a bonus. He was brought in to relieve the defensive pressure from Plekanec and has done that job in spades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad