Confirmed with Link: Bouma, Jooris, and Byron file for arbitration. UPDATE: everyone has signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
Earth
He might lose his tenacity?

If Byron had genes where he was over 6 feet, wouldn't you think it change the way he played over his hockey career and minor hockey? Byron had to adapt due to his playing size. Sure in the early years size may have not been as a huge factor, but when getting to Juniors and up it's prevalent. It was either Byron adapted or not make the NHL eventually.

If he was over 6 feet he maybe wouldn't have to be as aggressive and tenacious to stick in the NHL as a bottom 6 player.

Aug 21, 2014
If Byron had genes where he was over 6 feet, wouldn't you think it change the way he played over his hockey career and minor hockey? Byron had to adapt due to his playing size. Sure in the early years size may have not been as a huge factor, but when getting to Juniors and up it's prevalent. It was either Byron adapted or not make the NHL eventually.

If he was over 6 feet he maybe wouldn't have to be as aggressive and tenacious to stick in the NHL as a bottom 6 player.

You make good point, If he was 6'0 he'd be another Raymond.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I really do think Byron plays a style that is like Fleury. Fleury has HOF skill and hockey IQ though, plus he could finish. But if Byron could actually finish, he would be able to record 50 points a season no problem. As of now, I want either him or Boums as our 2LW.

Raymond can make sure that there is enough ice in the gatorade cooler.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
next time I want an ice cube I am just going to ask for a Mason Raymond

giphy.gif

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That's a stretch.

There is a reason why he is effective at his size. If he was any taller than his gameplay might change the way he plays.

Yeah, that's why I said he needs luck...or ability to finish...

How many times did he miss on the breakway last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad