OT: Boughner

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I saw him mentioned in the coaches poll, and I'm wondering if Cats fans could give he a rundown of the Xs and Os of him.

Thanks...
Team seems to love him. Guys repeatedly praised him for being straight with them and just communicating well (though after Rowe anyone would be an improvement in that department). Seems like we have a really strong locker room again, which was a mess just a year ago.

It took the team over a half of the season to figure out his system and we missed the playoffs. OTOH, they were extremely good in the second half and we had 96 points in his first year as an NHL head coach. Not bad.

He has a stupid love affair with Haley. Then again, Gallant had a stupid love affair with Shaw and he's considered one of the best coaches, so what can you do.

Lots of guys bounced back or had their best seasons yet under him, though that may also be thanks to natural progression and guys being healthy (team had lots of injuries especially last year).

Happy with him so far. Needs to make the playoffs next year.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Then again, Gallant had a stupid love affair with Shaw and he's considered one of the best coaches, so what can you do.

Totally off topic but I had completely forgotten about this and blurted a laugh out loud when you reminded me just now. It was so strange. He wasn't good at anything but Gallant just insisted on feeding him ice time. Just absurd.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
He got results the 2nd half of the season but he ran his top forwards into the ground to get there. Old habits are hard to break and I will be on the bandwagon to ship him out if he starts trending that way this coming season. I have a hard time taking a coach seriously that has to break smelling salts prior to every game to get focused. ;)

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
He got results the 2nd half of the season but he ran his top forwards into the ground to get there. Old habits are hard to break and I will be on the bandwagon to ship him out if he starts trending that way this coming season. I have a hard time taking a coach seriously that has to break smelling salts prior to every game to get focused. ;)

ALOT of players break smelling salts before they start a game, and I could understand why a former player turned coach would do the same.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Faveourite thing about him was how quick he was to change up lines. It was my biggest fault on Gallant, just running the same lineup over and over with no results and a flat effort.

Boughner will change lines and pairings from period to period, I love it.

Biggest fault, I agree with @Brokin, ran Tro and Barkov into the gorund.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Faveourite thing about him was how quick he was to change up lines. It was my biggest fault on Gallant, just running the same lineup over and over with no results and a flat effort.

Boughner will change lines and pairings from period to period, I love it.

Biggest fault, I agree with @Brokin, ran Tro and Barkov into the gorund.

I like that too. It's been a while since we had a coach who would change lines during the game and actually have a gameplan behind those changes (unlike Rowe)

Reactions: JP Mick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad