Confirmed with Link: Boucher: to return or not to return, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Boucher looks kinda desperate. His ‘end of the world’ comments about the Pageau injury seemed over dramatic, but maybe he was talking about his NHL career and not Pageaus injury

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I dunno. This team ain't great, I can see him coming back for another two years after this.
Hiring someone else requires there be someone who can work cheap and be available, not a given by any means unless they move Tom Servo or w/e his name is from Bingo up here.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
To those who said that Guy Boucher would never change:

We've scored the most goals in the league and allowed the most goals in the league.

That good 'ol Guy Boucher just playing the trap and ruining the sport with boring hockey :sarcasm:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
To those who said that Guy Boucher would never change:

We've scored the most goals in the league and allowed the most goals in the league.

That good 'ol Guy Boucher just playing the trap and ruining the sport with boring hockey :sarcasm:
Playing not to lose when having a lead
Blender of line combinations.
Playing the usuals.
'best players play'
11-7
Etc etc

Reactions: bert

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I saw Boucher the other day at a local rink. All I could think of was to look at his shoes. I can’t remember whether it was Dean Brown or Gord Wilson but I remember he asked one of them about their shoes. So I looked at his shoes and wondered if he bought them based on that conversation.
I think they were Skechers.

True story.

Reactions: Brethers

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I saw Boucher the other day at a local rink. All I could think of was to look at his shoes. I can’t remember whether it was Dean Brown or Gord Wilson but I remember he asked one of them about their shoes. So I looked at his shoes and wondered if he bought them based on that conversation.

True story.
As well as enlightening :laugh:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

True story.

You should ask him why he always grabs his left ear during press conferences.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
For everyone calling for Boucher's head... All I can say is if Boucher goes take this guy out too... I'll take Boucher over Crawford anyday.

Reactions: derriko

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Marc Crawford is a dinosaur and should never be a head coach again, just like Hartley, Keenan, etc, unless you want to see Chabot and Tkachuk as for trades as soon as their deals are up.

I'm not a huge Boucher fan but if Crawford is the alternative then sign the man to a 5 year extension.

My preference for the next coach is Sheldon Keefe, but I think he may see a better opportunity somewhere else.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
For everyone calling for Boucher's head... All I can say is if Boucher goes take this guy out too... I'll take Boucher over Crawford anyday.

That's professionalism right there!!

giphy.gif

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I wouldn't take Mike Yeo or Todd Mclleland straight up over Boucher. Would you guys?

Vigneault I'd take. Don't understand why Therrien doesn't get more attention, all he does is turn teams around and get them to the playoffs.

But of the coaches out there right now, Queneville / Vigneault are the ONLY ones I'd take right now over GB

Luke Richardson is also my 1st choice for HC is Boucher has to go. But for now, happy with the coach.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I wouldn't take Mike Yeo or Todd Mclleland straight up over Boucher. Would you guys?

Nope.

Vigneault I'd take. Don't understand why Therrien doesn't get more attention, all he does is turn teams around and get them to the playoffs.

The Rangers fans HATED Vigneault by the end. They still blame him for losing that series to the Senators when he wouldn't adapt his lines, bench struggling players or give more icetime to the better performing players.

Sounds familiar. ;)

But of the coaches out there right now, Queneville / Vigneault are the ONLY ones I'd take right now over GB

Luke Richardson is also my 1st choice for HC is Boucher has to go. But for now, happy with the coach.

I don't see a lot of options aside from Quenneville and I imagine he's pricey.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Nope.

The Rangers fans HATED Vigneault by the end. They still blame him for losing that series to the Senators when he wouldn't adapt his lines, bench struggling players or give more icetime to the better performing players.

Sounds familiar. ;)

I don't see a lot of options aside from Quenneville and I imagine he's pricey.
Sheldon Keefe is an incredible option. The way the game is going they should be hiring a new age modern coach. The old school guys are ot doing well. Dominik Ducharme turned the habs around he is only the assistant right now maybe the sens can get him?

I see some amazing options.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

If you listen to ex-players talk about Therrien you will understand why most people wouldn't want him around our young players. He's a total prick.

Quenneville, Vigneault, and McLellan to a lesser extent are all good options. But it's not going to happen with either with them. Eugene will not pay like 7 coaches and no chance he pays a coach more than a star player makes. Some of those guys make like 6M per year.

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
If you listen to ex-players talk about Therrien you will understand why most people wouldn't want him around our young players. He's a total prick.

Quenneville, Vigneault, and McLellan to a lesser extent are all good options. But it's not going to happen with either with them. Eugene will not pay like 7 coaches and no chance he pays a coach more than a star player makes. Some of those guys make like 6M per year.
Isn't Vigneault notorious for over playing vets?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Personally I don't think we can complain with the offense
This team needs better Dzone .. for the 2nd year in a row.. Last game was brutal, but there have been small improvements. This is at least partly a personnel issue; a combination of systems, lack of a couple good defensemen in the vet roles Ceci and Boro are supposed to play, and a young lineup both on the back end and up front.
Horrible PK.. I tend to think this is coaching... PK is about positioning, and hard work.. our system is too passive.
Addressing personnel is at least partly on Dorion. Boucher will play who he has in the lineup. He trusts his vets over the rookies for the most part.. to be fair most NHL coaches would. Moving towards a 4 line team; Dorion should be looking at replacing Pyatt and Paajarvi ; one now, one later (in a month) to get the new players in the fold.
I am not defending Boucher.. but unless we can bring in a whole new staff , recognizing we won't be bringing in any established NHL names; Boucher is ok. I would replace Crawford with a guy like Yeo. Yeo's contract runs thru the 19-20 season. I think he's an big upgrade on any assistant Boucher has and he could be relatively cheap because the Blues are on the hook for his contract. I'd bring him in and give him PK and Dzone.

Dorion should be trying to move Ceci for another Demelo type and a pick; Adding a UFA (year end) goalie; and up grading the 4th line from within.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Still not a fan, but I wish him the best. If he cannot get through to his players, constantly p***yfooting around the leaders, then he will not get this team to tighten up in their end. Julien scratched Alzner. He scratched vets. He got the team's attention. The only person who has piqued the attention of the players is Dorion with the waiver move of Smith.

Meanwhile, Ceci is not getting the message it seems. Julien has drawn a line in the proverbial sand. Boucher's line is nowhere to be seen. Whether they win or get blown out, he refuses to hold players accountable to the media, who represent us.

Where was the guy when he got here who was slamming his stick and yelling at players to "DO YOUR JOB", getting their attention. Rest is a weapon.

I am not sure I can give him credit for the offence. He has new "weapons". The PP? Not sure either but I will give him half the credit, and the other half to someone who is a better quarterback than the previous guy.

I want him canned.

Reactions: aragorn and Boud

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Still not a fan, but I wish him the best. If he cannot get through to his players, constantly p***yfooting around the leaders, then he will not get this team to tighten up in their end. Julien scratched Alzner. He scratched vets. He got the team's attention. The only person who has piqued the attention of the players is Dorion with the waiver move of Smith.

Meanwhile, Ceci is not getting the message it seems. Julien has drawn a line in the proverbial sand. Boucher's line is nowhere to be seen. Whether they win or get blown out, he refuses to hold players accountable to the media, who represent us.

Where was the guy when he got here who was slamming his stick and yelling at players to "DO YOUR JOB", getting their attention. Rest is a weapon.

I am not sure I can give him credit for the offence. He has new "weapons". The PP? Not sure either but I will give him half the credit, and the other half to someone who is a better quarterback than the previous guy.

I want him canned.

Canned and replaced by? Does the rest of the coaching staff go with him?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I want him canned.

I 100% agree with you for the accountability. Julien has done a great job so far in Montreal ensuring that the best players play whether they are veterans or rookies, whether they make money or not. Scratching Alzner in favor of Xavier Ouellet is a ballsy move but it was needed and now everyone is on the same page. We are a young team and players need to know that they won't be playing if they aren't the best option on any given night and on the other hand they also need to know that they will get a chance to play if they play well in Belleville and guys in Ottawa aren't making an impact. If I'm Nick Paul or even Max McCormick right now I'm wondering what it'll take to get a chance to play over Pyatt and Paajarvi because they have not been good and yet they never get scratched for some unknown reason. Paul was clearly better than both of them when he was called up and I'd argue that McCormick was as well when he played.

Boucher is a players coach and he protects his players a lot which is fine IMO and I respect that he doesn't go to the media to get messages through but he loves his veterans way too much. He needs to be more firm in his lineup decisions. There are very few teams/coaches that would still have Pyatt and Paajarvi in the lineup after these first 20 games. Any other coach and Pyatt is not playing right now.

As for the PP this is one I do not understand at all. The PP has been trash for 2 years and only after that you decide to take over and make changes? Where were you the last 2 seasons when the PP was literally costing us games?

EDIT:

An hour ago Julien just scratched their 4rth line C for the next game and said he could've scratched all 3 players of the 4rth line because they needed a lot more of them... This is literally what we need to hear from Boucher. Not f***ing promote Pyatt to the 3rd line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad