OT: Boucher in Swiss League @ Zug

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Not sure if it was noted already but I just noticed Brian Boucher is playing this season for Zug. I was surprised because I thought he was destined to be an AHL ast. Coach.

Anyone know the circumstances of the signing or if he was offered a gig by Flyers org? I guess he still wanted to play and didn't get NHL or AHL offers.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Not sure if it was noted already but I just noticed Brian Boucher is playing this season for Zug. I was surprised because I thought he was destined to be an AHL ast. Coach.

Anyone know the circumstances of the signing or if he was offered a gig by Flyers org? I guess he still wanted to play and didn't get NHL or AHL offers.

I'm sure as soon as he decides to hang them up he'll have a spot in the org waiting for him, even if it's only a scouting one to start. Eventually I could see him moving on to something better but not until he retires.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Perfect...considering how he played like swiss cheese in the latter part of his career. Bryz should join him and be King Swiss...

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

The signing happened in mid-July. One report said the team was debating Boucher or Rick DiPietro. It was mentioned in a thread, here, but the NBC Sports report:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/13/flyers-goalie-boucher-signs-in-switzerland/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad