Value of: Bottom line question can the Canucks sign 3 UFA's

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Can they? If they have the cap room sure.

Can they really? No players generally want to win and that's not happening in Vancouver any time soon

Reactions: Devonator

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
not getting a top 5 pick really hurts the Canucks chances of getting Tavares imo.

Going to a team with a skeleton of...

xxxx - Tavares - Boeser
Peterson - Horvat - xxxx

xxxx - Tanev
xxxx - xxxx

isn't nearly as enticing as if it had any of Dahlin, Boquist, Svech, or Zadina thrown in there.

The Sharks should re-sign Kane, and Kane should want to sign there.

Carlson is a maybe. They'd have to overpay imo. But I would think that going wherever he gets the most $$$ is where he would go anyway. Almost every player in his situation goes wherever they can cash in the most regardless of other factors.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
So will the top 3 free agents this summer all decide that they want to sign with what has been one of the worst teams in the league for the past few years? I doubt it.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Tavares? Nope My guess is b/w LVK, MTL, & SJS
Kane? Maybe, b/w Van, SJS, & Det
Carlson? No chance. Was or LVK

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Why would Tavares go to Montreal?, I know they hot the 3rd pick but I don't know that there is a team further from a cup than Montreal
cuz of the pure amount of cash. Salary + endorsement and all. MTL will offer him the most of all teams. Also, he will be the man. It will be his team. He will be their savior. Could mean too much pressure, but im sure hes gonna love it there. And ofc u add the other, relatively less important but still important, aspects. Price + Weber will lobby to him. Hes great friends to both. And Bergevin is close friends to his agent. A perfect way to enter friendly negotiations.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
cuz of the pure amount of cash. Salary + endorsement and all. MTL will offer him the most of all teams. Also, he will be the man. It will be his team. He will be their savior. Could mean too much pressure, but im sure hes gonna love it there. And ofc u add the other, relatively less important but still important, aspects. Price + Weber will lobby to him. Hes great friends to both. And Bergevin is close friends to his agent. A perfect way to enter friendly negotiations.
Vancouver has loads of cap space, I don’t think they would get outbid, it’s more about destination for him.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
that’s literally how he has it on long island

kerrabria

May 3, 2018

Quebec has the highest taxes in North America. And I can't imagine Tavares is gonna get Crosby level endorsements when he's playing on the same team as Drouin, Price, and Weber who will the next captain. That plus multiple Maple Leafs hogging up the Canadian endorsement market.

It won't be his team either. Weber will be the captain, Price will be the face of the franchise, Drouin will be the French Canadian darling, and Zadina/Svechnikov will be the young guy everyone is watching for. He will have to share the limelight.

If he wanted to cash out and be a beloved savior, he'd stay in New York.

As for Price+Weber lobbying him, I'm sure he'd like to stay with his friends on the Islanders too.

And I feel like his agent knowing Bergevin is a bad thing. That means he knows more than anyone what an ass clown the guy is and how his client is gonna get low balled, under-appreciated, and generally screwed over by his new GM. If he values keeping Tavares as a client, he'll advise against him going up to play for Bergevin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad