Bottom Five Final Standings

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by EroCaps, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. EroCaps

    EroCaps Registered User

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2003
    Messages:
    16,722
    Likes Received:
    362
    Trophy Points:
    199
    Location:
    Virginia
    30. Pittsburgh 23-47-8-4 58pts
    29. Chicago 20-43-11-8 59pts
    28. Washington 23-45-10-3 59 pts
    27. Columbus 25-45-8-4 62 pts
    26. Pheonix 22-36-18-6 68 pts

    :nopity:
     
  2. Spooner

    Spooner Registered User

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2004
    Messages:
    741
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Oh, here and there
    Rangers are sixth, right? Because the bottom six teams have a chance at AO, not just the bottom 5.
     
  3. EroCaps

    EroCaps Registered User

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2003
    Messages:
    16,722
    Likes Received:
    362
    Trophy Points:
    199
    Location:
    Virginia
    The winner of the lottery can only move up four spots, sorry Ranger fans.
     
  4. Jovavic

    Jovavic Blood Legion

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2002
    Messages:
    12,173
    Likes Received:
    448
    Trophy Points:
    199
    Location:
    StarCrossedWasteland
    Home Page:
    I will barf if Phoneix wins.
     
  5. EroCaps

    EroCaps Registered User

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2003
    Messages:
    16,722
    Likes Received:
    362
    Trophy Points:
    199
    Location:
    Virginia
    why is that?
     
  6. Vagrant

    Vagrant The Czech Condor

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2002
    Messages:
    22,217
    Likes Received:
    2,208
    Trophy Points:
    231
    Location:
    North Carolina
    Home Page:
    Whenever it's available, could somebody update this list to the top 10?
     
  7. Pachoo

    Pachoo Registered User

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2003
    Messages:
    139
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Home Page:
    The draft order right now, before the lottery tuesday, is:

    1. Pittsburgh
    2. Chicago
    3. Washington
    4. Columbus
    5. Phoenix
    6. NY Rangers
    7. Florida
    8. Carolina
    9. Anaheim
    10. Atlanta

    Can you imagine if Columbus wins the lottery? Ovechkin-Nash-Zherdev. :eek:
     
  8. ParisSaintGermain

    ParisSaintGermain Registered User

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    Messages:
    4,398
    Likes Received:
    248
    Trophy Points:
    111
    Ok but as promising as it looks on paper, the Blue Jackets have quite a few other issues to sort out in the off season before thinking about playoffs. One whatever talented line has never made a great team.
     
  9. Jaded-Fan

    Jaded-Fan Registered User

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2004
    Messages:
    43,774
    Likes Received:
    2,975
    Trophy Points:
    186
    From Pittsburgh, I am thinking Malkin, not getting hopes up for Ovechkin . . . but deep down am hoping . . . either way though I will be happy, Malkin from what I hear is not far below and may have even more upside. That was the point of finishing last, a guarentee, not of Ovechkin but Malkin. Not a bad consolation prize for a team flush with golatending and D and lacking only a superstar sniper ('cept for Mario of course). The Mario-Ovechkin/Malkin line is going to be frightening. I remember when he got a nobody 40 goals and a fortune of a contract with the redwings one year. That nobody was the hockey legend Warren Young. :lol . . . I think several of the goals mario aimed off the guy's head. Sure, Mario is not what he once was, but he is still if healthy someone who could make a superstar feeding either of these guys.
     
  10. Hawkalyzer

    Hawkalyzer Registered User

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2003
    Messages:
    1,696
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Home Page:
    Daze-Ruutu-Arnason
    Ovechkin Bell Calder



    god that would be a sweet top 6
     
  11. XX

    XX Sticky Icky Icky

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2002
    Messages:
    45,259
    Likes Received:
    2,246
    Trophy Points:
    231
    Location:
    PHX
    Well the question is, do you ask Ovechkin or any of the top 5 for that matter to play top 2 line minutes on their respective teams? That used to be a giant no no but guys like Nash seem to be getting it together after a year or two of struggling.
     
  12. I_r_1337

    I_r_1337 Registered User

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2003
    Messages:
    496
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Occupation:
    OVECHKIN
    Location:
    Washington D.C.
    Home Page:
    I like all our forwards for the future..especially with Ovechkin in it :)

    Semin-Ovechkin-Fehr
    Fleischmann-Aulin-Johansson
    Laich-Sutherby-Gordon
    Werner-Klepis-Fussey
     
  13. Wingboy2999

    Wingboy2999 Registered User

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2003
    Messages:
    1,850
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Occupation:
    Student at Pitt
    Location:
    Pittsburgh
    Home Page:
    What are the % chances for these teams again?
     
  14. SwOOsh*

    SwOOsh* Guest

    I think Klepis has top two line potential, I'm quite high on him. Johansson seems to be more of a question mark, but does have talent. Just a comment. ;)

    That is a pretty nice future line-up even if you consider that most won't make it to their top potential. Add to the fact that we will have another very high pick next year if their is a season or not, and that we have 2 extra first rounders this year, and it looks quite well for the Caps future.

    You also have a few younger players in Pettinger, Willsie, and Halpern on forward that should be with the team for a long time.
     
  15. GoRyanMalone

    GoRyanMalone Guest

    Even before you get excited, that's still just a couple peanuts and a kernal.
     
  16. Gumby

    Gumby Registered User

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2003
    Messages:
    2,822
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    By the beach!! FL
    Home Page:
    I am so friggin pissed! We have to suffer through this nightmare of a season with the one small benefit of getting a potential franchise guy and they blow it by taking the friggin Rags to OT the other night. Now the Caps are in third and unless they win the lottery (yeah right) they lose out on the two guys that would do it. My only realistic hope now is that for some reason McPhee takes Olesz (of course I know how he loves those WHL kids, and especially o-dmen so he's gonna take Barker) and he turns out to be what he was hyped to be early in the season. This really bums me out because I've had this fascination (don't know why) with Malkin all year and unless (assuming Pitt or Chi winds up with the first) the guy picking 2nd loses their mind that's out the window.Man, I can't beleive it's all because of 1 stupid game they took to OT....and they didn't even win it. :banghead:
     
  17. fullmetalninja

    fullmetalninja Registered User

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2003
    Messages:
    1,301
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Chicago
    How do you think we feel in chicago...

    Sorry but your team tanked it on purpose, and didn't deserve a top 2 pick anyway!

    We've sucked all year, mostly due to injury. we dealt 2 guys, you guys dealt your team away and purposely played AHL stiffs to tank.

    We have the fewest wins... so don't act like we aren't more deserving. :help:

    btw, just kidding but if this thread is a whine fest, I thought I would throw my teams hope in as well ;)

    -fullmetalninja
     
  18. Jaded-Fan

    Jaded-Fan Registered User

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2004
    Messages:
    43,774
    Likes Received:
    2,975
    Trophy Points:
    186

    Don't count on Pittsburgh passing on Malkin should they lose Ovechkin . . . CP made it clear that he would go for Malkin should the lottery not fall the Pen's way . . . 'even if the Penguins don't get the No. 1 pick, Patrick is excited by No. 2 prospect Evgeni Malkin, another Russian forward.

    "There are two really great players for sure, and we'll get one of them," Patrick said.'


    Significant because CP blew some smoke the past couple of weeks of maybe looking elsewhere . . . likely to appease the fans should the pens have ended up out of the top too . . . ie, we did not want Malkin anyways sort of thing . . . . The quote above is from the bottom of this article . . .
    http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/04/210264.html
     
  19. Enoch

    Enoch This is my boomstick

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2003
    Messages:
    13,882
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    186
    Location:
    Cookeville TN
    I think size plays a very important factor to how well you adjust. Nash is big, but not a giant, and this makes it easier for him to weather the grind while learning how to perform at a higher level. Same for Kovalchuk.
     
  20. fan mao rong

    fan mao rong Registered User

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2003
    Messages:
    968
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    port royal , pa
    Home Page:
    I say this. Since the team with worst record has around a 48% chance at 1st choice, that would mean that the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th worst would have around a combined 52% chance. So statistically one of the not quite worst 4 would have a better chance of getting 1st overall than the team with worst record if the chances of the not quite worst were viewed collectively. Of the 4 not quite worst the 2nd worst record team would statistically have the best chance among those 4. So if the winning lot has a better chance to come from the 52% than the 48%, the winning lot might really come from any where in said 52%. It might also come from the other 48%. So if it is looked at in a certain way, they have an equal chance as it will be them or not them.
     
  21. Grave77digger

    Grave77digger Registered User

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2004
    Messages:
    2,579
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Home Page:
    I think your wrong fan mao, teams past the 5 spot can also win the lottery and move up 4 spots, reducing the chance 2-5 have at winning
     
  22. Big McLargehuge

    Big McLargehuge Registered User

    Joined:
    May 9, 2002
    Messages:
    68,874
    Likes Received:
    1,137
    Trophy Points:
    215
    Location:
    S. Pasadena, CA
    That was included.

    The Penguins have a 25% chance of winning the lottery, but an extra 23.2% of a team outside the bottom 5 winning the lottery.
     
  23. Grave77digger

    Grave77digger Registered User

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2004
    Messages:
    2,579
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Home Page:
    well as a Pens fan im happy with either Malkin or Ovechkin, im interested to see how Malkin does in his upcoming tourney
     
  24. KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

    KallioWeHardlyKnewYe Blue Jacket's Curse

    Joined:
    May 30, 2003
    Messages:
    13,160
    Likes Received:
    123
    Trophy Points:
    186
    Home Page:
    As a CBJ fan, I hope you're right. I'd love to see the CBJ stay at four and have Barker slide to them... (unless they win the lottery, of course).
     
  25. Safir*

    Safir* Guest

    Yes! IMO the Jackets will win the lottery.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

monitoring_string = "358c248ada348a047a4b9bb27a146148"