Bottom 6

Hojetron

Feb 26, 2013
Sunny St.Vital
Great game last night - WOW

Was I the only one a little surprised that Peluso was in the press box instead of Thorbs? I do like Thorb's heart, etc, but I don't think he's giving us what we need out of our token tough guy. No fear there. The fact that he got absolutely snot-knocked by the Oiler's new tough guy should be the last straw. Hopefully Peluso gets a shot against the Kings.

I also hope that Tangradi gets more time with Jokinen and Frolik, he seems to add more offensively than Wright can. It would also create a nice reincarnation of a JEM line, well sorta. Wright, Slater and Peluso is not a bad 4th either . . .

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I have to agree.
I like Thorburn, seens like a nice guy, has heart and gives what he can with what little he has.
However, I am starting to get a bit tired of watching get tuned like a piano.
If Peluso was playing last night, Smid would have had some issues before the game ended.

Last edited:

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Agreed, Thorbs got dummied last night and Peluso has some game, while Thorbs doesn't. Would rather see

Tangradi - Jokinen - Frolik
Wright/Halischuk - Slater - Peluso

If you don't want a fighter, then your third line is Wright - Slater - Hali

bazaaa*

I have to agree.
I like Thorburn, seens like a nice guy, has heart and gives what he can with what little he has.
However, I am starting to get a bit tired of watching get tuned like a piano.
If Peluso was playing last night, Smid would have had some issues before the game ended.

Unfortunately, I think that's why Thorburn gets the ice time... he's a nice guy, been here long, good attitude, etc.
But I would much rather see Peluso on the ice. I hope after this year Pelus sticks and Thorburn is allowed to walk.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Would rather see

Tangradi - Jokinen - Frolik
Wright/Halischuk - Slater - Peluso

This.

Halischuk would get in, where he can (less physical team or team not dressing a face puncher that night), or as injury replacement.

At this point, Halischuk needs to be patient, and be a good pk'er when he gets in. If he can add some offence, he should replace Wright on the 4th line consistently. Right now, Wright is a valued pk'er, and plays how Noel wants. Halischuk can do that as well, but hasn't been around long enough and played enough to get Noel's confidence (above Wright). But that will come, imo. Along with better offence.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Tangradi Jokinen Frolik
Halischuk slater Peluso

Halischuk and Tangradi are interchangeable but I think this is our best bottom 6.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Tangradi Jokinen Frolik
Halischuk slater Peluso

Halischuk and Tangradi are interchangeable but I think this is our best bottom 6.

I would very much like to see that as our bottom 6. I get the feeling that once Halischuk gets an opportunity, he'll grab it and run.

Tangradi has been quietly impressive - good 3rd or 4th liner, with some offensive instincts. He might not PK, but Halischuk can. Unlike Wright, Halischuk has already proven that he doesn't have hands of stone either. HSP as the fourth could be a very reasonable 4th line.

I wasn't expecting to see Scheif on the 2nd, so I hold out some hope that what you suggest will happen. At least there's some competition for roster spots this year.

Last edited:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
On xm radio today john Davidson was talking about fighters who could actually play and he said peluso is a player like that. He said he's very tough, smart and can skate. Considering Davidson is no longer part of the blues organization I'd say that was a huge compliment. He knows what he's talking about.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
On xm radio today john Davidson was talking about fighters who could actually play and he said peluso is a player like that. He said he's very tough, smart and can skate. Considering Davidson is no longer part of the blues organization I'd say that was a huge compliment. He knows what he's talking about.

Great to hear :).

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Tangradi Jokinen Frolik
Halischuk slater Peluso

I'd swap Halischuk and Peluso so Halischuk goes back to his natural position of RW.

Peluso is also an RW, but Halischuk is more important to the team IMO.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

His exact words were:

Very tough - with an emphasis on tough
Good hockey sense
Can move the puck
Can shoot the puck

Maybe peluso will turn out better than we think.

Darth Handsome*

hell no - would be a disaster imo

having zero possession players on that third line would get real ugly real fast

That doesn't sound disasterous to me. In fact, I think when (not if) Frolik ends up with Kane & Scheifele, they may just threaten LLW for top line status sooner rather than later.

Thesaurus

Lyrical Wordsmith
Dec 14, 2011
The Cosmos
His exact words were:

Good hockey sense
Can move the puck
Can shoot the puck

I think so. His ceiling is already set so low, if he can contribute anything on top of his fighting skill I think that would exceed most people's expectations when we claimed him.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
His exact words were:

Good hockey sense
Can move the puck
Can shoot the puck

I remember I posted on one of the pre-season GDT's that I had a crappy stream and was watching who I thought was Buff, streaking down the right wing past everyone, but it turned out to be Peluso.

That was very telling to me, that I thought it was (good) Buff. He has it in him to skate and move the puck very well.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
That doesn't sound disasterous to me. In fact, I think when (not if) Frolik ends up with Kane & Scheifele, they may just threaten LLW for top line status sooner rather than later.

I can see Frolik being moved and I can see the threat that line would pose as the top scoring line. But to be honest I'd prefer to keep Frolik on the third line to provide scoring from that line. I don't know if he could keep up with Kane and Scheifele's speed, maybe he could, but we already know that Setoguchi can. Plus a single game of Seto being not overly obvious is nothing I'm going to worry about. I like having two good/great scoring lines but I think Frolik elevates the third line in a way that Seto might not.

Darth Handsome*

I can see Frolik being moved and I can see the threat that line would pose as the top scoring line. But to be honest I'd prefer to keep Frolik on the third line to provide scoring from that line. I don't know if he could keep up with Kane and Scheifele's speed, maybe he could, but we already know that Setoguchi can. Plus a single game of Seto being not overly obvious is nothing I'm going to worry about. I like having two good/great scoring lines but I think Frolik elevates the third line in a way that Seto might not.

I don't have a preference at this point, considering I haven't seen enough of either option yet. But I can see this happening. LLW is a line that is greater than the sum of its parts, & I think Frolik might do the same for Scheifele's line.

Either way, I'm sure glad we have him. He's an excellent hockey player. As versatile as they come.

bazaaa*

His exact words were:

Good hockey sense
Can move the puck
Can shoot the puck

That's how I felt the small amount we've seen him. But I wouldn't place any bets on it since it was such a small sample size. But from what I(we've) seen, I thought he looked great out there.

They put him out ont he powerplay for christ sake lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad