Speculation: Bottom 6 centers available to Anaheim.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Wondering what’s available on the open market for bottom 6 centers. We have Henrique doing duties on second line Getzlaf on first line. We have a huge gap to fill on third and fourth line roles. I sure as hell don’t trust a rookie in Steel to take the leap with 14 minutes a night right out the gate.

Anything available to the ducks who can help us? No big trades please only logical options.

Edit: Kesler is on LTIR reason why I made this thread.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Andrew Shaw?

Wouldn’t mind it. GM Murray knows damn right Rakell the highest leading scorer on the team isn’t going to center again. And I don’t trust our best prospect steel carrying 14 minutes a night in his first rookie season. That’s completely disastrous

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Wondering what’s available on the open market for bottom 6 centers. We have Henrique doing duties on second line Getzlaf on first line. We have a huge gap to fill on third and fourth line roles. I sure as hell don’t trust a rookie in Steel to take the leap with 14 minutes a night right out the gate.

Anything available to the ducks who can help us? No big trades please only logical options.

Edit: Kesler is on LTIR reason why I made this thread.

Except we don't know that. We don't know if he's going to play this year or ever again.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Except we don't know that. We don't know if he's going to play this year or ever again.

That’s the problem Duck Knight. We don’t know. And Grant barely even made our fourth line possible. Now Duck fans want to upgrade him to third line duties? Cmon let’s be realistic here.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
That’s the problem Duck Knight. We don’t know. And Grant barely even made our fourth line possible. Now Duck fans want to upgrade him to third line duties? Cmon let’s be realistic here.

You can't make a trade or acquire a center to replace Kesler because of the uncertainty, especially not one with lots of term and/or money on their contract. The only realistic possibilities that can cushion the blow if he's out are the guys like Grant who will take short cheap contracts.

Roasted Nuts

Feb 6, 2018
Behind you
Take Tierney in exchange for one of your bottom 4 d-men. Montour? Coming from the Sharks. He's a 20-20 center and is great on the PK.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You can't make a trade or acquire a center to replace Kesler because of the uncertainty, especially not one with lots of term and/or money on their contract. The only realistic possibilities that can cushion the blow if he's out are the guys like Grant who will take short cheap contracts.

You know Grant can barely hold a thimble to fourth line duties. What makes Grant upgrade worthy to third line duties? Absolutely none. Are we just giving this season away? Because if that’s the case. We will get some nice prospects this new draft. All our picks will be extremely high.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
You know Grant can barely hold a thimble to fourth line duties. What makes Grant upgrade worthy to third line duties? Absolutely none. Are we just giving this season away? Because if that’s the case. We will get some nice prospects this new draft. All our picks will be extremely high.
Bob Murray wont do anything till he has a better picture of whats going on. IE we get to training camp and we know if Kesler is available and if not for how long AND we know Steel or Kossila can't handle 3rd line duties. This is exactly what he did when We opened a spot for Holland a number of years ago. It makes no sense to spend assets on a stop gap when we don't even know if we need one. There will be players that become available as prospects push their way onto teams like what happened with Mathieu Perreault. About the only argument I can see is if we had wanted to add a legit C to take on 2c duties and leave Rico on the 3rd and if Kesler was healthy or Steel makes the jump then you can shift Rico to the LW where we could use some help. Guys who are cemented in the bottom 6 are a last resort when the other options have failed. At least IMO.

Reactions: Trojans86

Slomo

May 27, 2018
Brian Little or Mathieu Perrault plus Trouba from Winnipeg for Mason,Steel and a 2nd.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Wouldn’t mind it. GM Murray knows damn right Rakell the highest leading scorer on the team isn’t going to center again. And I don’t trust our best prospect steel carrying 14 minutes a night in his first rookie season. That’s completely disastrous

Why exactly is Rakell not going to play centre again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad