WGR: Botterill on WGR this morning touching in several topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
#Sabres general manager Jason Botterill joins Howard and Jeremy right now on WGR! Tune in:

Botterill - we told Casey through the middle half of the season to focus on his game and we'd talk after his college season. He felt he was ready to make the jump and we moved forward with the decision to bring him to Buffalo. #Sabres

Botterill - It was a fortunate situation where both of our opinions came together, and we're looking forward to the next six games and looking forward into next season. #Sabres

Botterill - he's played in big games where he's played against top-end players. The NHL is a different game, but we're hopeful he can have some success here. It will allow him to grow and have a good summer. #Sabres

Botterill - Casey's hockey sense and skill is his best attribute. He's worked on his shot through the season and has improved. He's also extremely competitive in the big games. He checks off a lot of boxes. #Sabres

Botterill - we like Casey's versatility. We'll probably start him off at center, but look to put him in some other spots as we go in the last few games here. #Sabres

Botterill - I thought a great game in Toronto last night. He used his speed and skill, it's what we're looking for of our elite players. #Sabres

Botterill - We're looking forward to having Will Borgen in Rochester. It will accelarate his development process, and we'll have a good look at him during training camp. #Sabres

Botterill - I think Nylander's game has improved drastically. He had a rough start to the season, but he's been better with his speed among other aspects. He's worked extremely hard in Rochester. His compete level has improved, and it's been rewarded with more points. #Sabres

Botterill - CJ Smith would be probably be in Buffalo if it hadn't have been for his second half injuries. He had a great start to his season in Rochester. #Sabres

Botterill - We're excited about Rasmus Asplund and Victor Olofsson in Sweden. Hope to talk to Asplund to see where he's at, and we see Olofsson being in Rochester developing his game here next season. #Sabres

Botterill - we know that wherever we end up in the lottery, we are going to get a heck of a player. #Sabres

Reactions: Rasmus Reichel

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Botterill has been raving about Asplund for awhile. He was on THN’s podcast a few weeks back and raved about Asplund’s two way game.

I wonder how Botterill feels about players like Mittelstadt, Asplund, Olofsson who play/played pro or college hockey for a number of years. It’s not like they’re playing against junior players - they’re playjng against men for the most part. I wonder if he views that as accelerated growth for players, especially Asplund and Olofsson who have multiple (and successful) years in a men’s league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad