Proposal: boston will have around 4 mill to upgrade after getting everyone signed

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
boston has basically 3 important rfa to sign to complete their 23 man roster
jake debrusk {seeking in excess of 4 mill according to rumors}
matt grezlyck {headed to arbitration}
Jacob zboril {no leverage... will take his qualifier}

cap friendly doesnt have the kevan miller signing included... and is giving anton blidh a spot... so a good ball park estimate of things says we got 4 mill to upgrade.

this brings me to my trade proposal and its with Vancouver.

Vancouver has 2 whipping boys a lot fo their fans want to see gone
Louie Eriksson {6 mill times 2 years}
jake Virtanen {going to arbitration}

I think boston could make a trade if Vancouver retains 50% of Eriksson deal

what is the opinion of
ondrej kase 2.6 for 1 year
and nick Ritchie 1.498 for 1 year

in exchange for
louie Eriksson 1/2 retained
jake Virtanen {whats he asking for?

Eriksson actually did have fine chemistry with krejci... and is still a capable defensive forward even if his best scoring days are behind him. Virtanen has a lot of breakout potential

Ritchie should be a servacable bottom lineup enforcer type if he gets serious and keeps in shape. kase has the potential to become boesers affordable replacement if Vancouver ends up forced to trade boesner

this deal should save Vancouver money even after new contracts for kase/ritchie

bostons lineup to my eyes... becomes improved

marchand/Bergeron/virtanan {fresh start and a show of faith from the coaches for Virtanen}
Eriksson/krejci/pastrnak {pastrnak hasnt worked with krejci before... but boston needs 2 lines}
debrusk/coyle/smith {suddenly boston has 3 lines}
kuraly/studnicka/bjork {is this too soft for a 4th line?}
wagner

the league is turning towards depth of scoring... I might want an upgrade of some grit at the deadline... but I think this trade suits boston. neither kase or Ritchie have been around long enough to become core locker room guys. neither really showed much chemistry with the team last year.

I like the deal for boston… does anyone like it for Vancouver?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
If there's one thing a team at the very tail end of their cup window needs, it's a player who hasn't topped 30 points in years penciled in to fix their top 6 woes.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Dude....No

let’s not take on an extra year at 3 mil of a mostly useless player in LE and just let Kase sink or swim and let Ritchie sink, and then both can come off the books next year creating space for someone better

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
It’s not good for Boston. Also Van is desperate for defense so any move involving JV (one of few positive assets they have) it’ll be for that.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
this seems overly complicated. bruins have their world class line...they'd just need to add a sidekick to deb rusk and krecji...they don't need to move around this many pieces

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Boston would be better off trading one of Lindholm, Kurlay, or Wagner for Tyler Johnson.

Even though Tyler has another 3 years Boston doesn't need a contract for awhile. Krejci, Rask, and Halak all fall off at end of this season as well as Kase and Ritchie. Next offseason will need goaltending and to extend Carlo. That's it....and there's literally $20 million available just from the contracts mentioned...without including any trades AND not assuming Boston spends to the cap this season (they won't).

Johnson can be had for very cheap and he definitely provides secondary scoring either with Krejci and Debrusk or with Coyle.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
If you're going with that idea, I think these lines would maximize depth

Marchand - Bergeron - Virtanen
Debrusk - Coyle - Pastrnak
Eriksson - Krejci - Smith

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Fans of both teams will hate this but YOLO:

To Boston- William Nylander and Frederik Andersen
To Toronto- Nick Ritchie and Tuukka Rask

Leafs double-down on toughness in their top nine and shed $3 million to re-sign Mikheyev while upgrading in goal. Boston gets a dynamic second line forward who will replace Krejci long-term, plus a netminder who had a sensational playoffs.

Bruins post-trade:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Nylander-Krejci-Smith
DeBrusk-Coyle-Kase
Bjork-Kuraly-Wagner
Blid, Lindholm

Grzelyck-McAvoy
Chara ($1.5 million)-Carlo
Moore-Miller
Clifton

Andersen
Halak

Leafs:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Ritchie-Tavares-Mikheyev
Robertson-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Engvall-Spezza-Korshkov
Petan, Boyd

Reilly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Lehtonen-Bogosian
Liljegren/Sandin

Rask
Campbell

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
boston has basically 3 important rfa to sign to complete their 23 man roster
jake debrusk {seeking in excess of 4 mill according to rumors}
matt grezlyck {headed to arbitration}
Jacob zboril {no leverage... will take his qualifier}

cap friendly doesnt have the kevan miller signing included... and is giving anton blidh a spot... so a good ball park estimate of things says we got 4 mill to upgrade.

this brings me to my trade proposal and its with Vancouver.

Vancouver has 2 whipping boys a lot fo their fans want to see gone
Louie Eriksson {6 mill times 2 years}
jake Virtanen {going to arbitration}

I think boston could make a trade if Vancouver retains 50% of Eriksson deal

what is the opinion of
ondrej kase 2.6 for 1 year
and nick Ritchie 1.498 for 1 year

in exchange for
louie Eriksson 1/2 retained
jake Virtanen {whats he asking for?

Eriksson actually did have fine chemistry with krejci... and is still a capable defensive forward even if his best scoring days are behind him. Virtanen has a lot of breakout potential

Ritchie should be a servacable bottom lineup enforcer type if he gets serious and keeps in shape. kase has the potential to become boesers affordable replacement if Vancouver ends up forced to trade boesner

this deal should save Vancouver money even after new contracts for kase/ritchie

bostons lineup to my eyes... becomes improved

marchand/Bergeron/virtanan {fresh start and a show of faith from the coaches for Virtanen}
Eriksson/krejci/pastrnak {pastrnak hasnt worked with krejci before... but boston needs 2 lines}
debrusk/coyle/smith {suddenly boston has 3 lines}
kuraly/studnicka/bjork {is this too soft for a 4th line?}
wagner

the league is turning towards depth of scoring... I might want an upgrade of some grit at the deadline... but I think this trade suits boston. neither kase or Ritchie have been around long enough to become core locker room guys. neither really showed much chemistry with the team last year.

I like the deal for boston… does anyone like it for Vancouver?
Canucks accept. Enjoy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad