Post-Game Talk: Boston @ Ottawa, Sunday 5:00 PM on TSN

Bilbo

Jul 22, 2011
Montreal
Zack Smith with 20:34 of ice time. LOL

Smith was moved to third line late in the second. Prince was moved to the first. All three lines finally provided some pressure. Sens Score!

Come out for the third, Prince stapled to bench and Smith back to the first line.
So our first line winger with 2 pts in 11 games gets 20+ minutes.
I really feel sorry for Stone and Turris.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
so if Tampa wins tommoz we would be clinging to a playoff spot by one point, and and one point out of first in the division.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Was it really Karlsson's assist on the first goal?

Didnt look like Ryan touched it, however its impossible to know with the tv angle available.

Follow up:

Watched the boston feed, Ryan definitely DID NOT touch the puck.

Karlsson assist :)

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Didnt look like Ryan touched it, however its impossible to know with the tv angle available.

Follow up:

Watched the boston feed, Ryan definitely DID NOT touch the puck.

Karlsson assist :)

Great, now I can sleep in peace.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Happy with the W, hate the way we got it. Outplayed for good chuncks yet again and hemmed in our zone with Andy saving us. At some point management has to do something.

I'll never miss a game but lately man this team is boring me, it's bad to watch. Our dmens rim it and we can't clear rince and repeat while in the other zone they clear pretty easily.

Oh well, we won so it's cool! I thought Karlsson played a really good game, cool with the assists but he was good aside from that! Cowen and Wiercioch on the other hand could go play in Syberia and I'd throw a party.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Happy with the W, hate the way we got it. Outplayed for good chuncks yet again and hemmed in our zone with Andy saving us. At some point management has to do something.

I'll never miss a game but lately man this team is boring me, it's bad to watch. Our dmens rim it and we can't clear rince and repeat while in the other zone they clear pretty easily.

Oh well, we won so it's cool! I thought Karlsson played a really good game, cool with the assists but he was good aside from that! Cowen and Wiercioch on the other hand could go play in Syberia and I'd throw a party.

Except we gotta give Wier a break since he's been pretty solid the last few games. Maybe he can actually keep it up!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I still think we need a new coach. And new defense.

Anderson was again really good.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It looks like Cameron is starting to gain more confidence in Wideman, so we have that going for us. He's playing very well imo.

I saw Wideman his first season in the AHL and i thought this guy would be AHL journeymen at best. His progression has actually been quite phenomenal. And he's become a key puck mover and huge help on what has been a dreadful combination of bottom 4 pairings before his arrival.

Another fantastic performance from one of the best keepers in the league.

Cowen and Wideman quietly had a solid game imo. Cowen won a lot of battles along the boards and Wideman is silky smooth moving the puck up ice.

I thought Cowen was brutal. He kept fanning on absolutley simple passes to get out of the zone and oh man, it gave me fits.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
To an extent this is true, but I see it as a bit of a "chicken or egg" scenario. He's very good defensively, but he hasn't been able to step up at all offensively. Schenn has not done very well at all, and he prefers playing RW. In an ideal world for Philly, he's anchoring that 2nd line.

Also, as a sidenote: I have really enjoyed discussion with you lately. Even once or twice about Cowen, lol.
Thanks Jukey. Was your name always Jukey? You bring some level headed discussion to the table, which I respect.

Yeah schenn is all over the place. I look at him as a potential buy low option for a team that still has a chance at a mini breakout

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad