Post-Game Talk: Boston @ Ottawa, Sunday 5:00 PM on TSN

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, we're back to the MacLean years.

The other concerning thing that I forgot to mention is that PP has slowed down. I think due to the fact that Hoffman was taken off the unit and Smith has been inserted. Right now we have Karlsson, Turris and Ryan as the umbrella. It used to be Hoffman, Karlsson and Ryan. That worked A LOT better as we had 3 options, including one left handed one.

If the PP falters, we are not good enough 5 on 5 with the lines as they are constructed right now. The only way we will win now, is if Andy plays amazingly. Which he has for the most part.

Back? We never left.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Nothing wrong about taking shots from outside. Take a shot and you can get a good rebound or OZ faceoff. Most of our entries were dying along the boards or behind the net, very rarely leading to any type of shot.
Ryan's assist was a shot from outside.
Stone's first goal was a low percentage attempt from behind the net.
Stone's EN goal was a shot from outside.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
With all that has gone on this yr shouldn't we be happy that our team is only 2 pts from 1st place in their division? Wouldn't we have taken this at the beginning of the yr at this time? What is positive is that we all know that they can play better & be better when they all eventually get healthy & able to play. I'm looking for better things in 2016.

No I shouldn't be happy. We are also 2 pts away from being out of the playoffs. Do you honestly think we got a chance winning against anyone in the top 8 with the way we are planning this year? Even when everyone was healthy we played like crap defensively. I don't see Milo or McArthur changing things. We'll still be bad defensively. We'll just be slightly better offensively, which is how we've been winning so far. That won't get you far in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure the following applies to you and the rest of Sens management:

latest

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Way too much negativity surrounding this team.

I'm pretty sure that it starts with people needing to lower their expectations with a very young, self proclaimed budget team.

Don't get me wrong, the shots against are certainly frustrating, but it's less frustrating than watching a team a struggle to score.

We have no problem doing that. It's almost the same argument with Karlsson when you look at the good versus the bad.

I believe the areas that we need to improve in are areas that can be improved with hard work and patience. But you can't teach guys to score like Karlsson, Hoffman and company, so we should be more grateful (or maybe just less critical) for the talent that we actually do have on the roster right now.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Was at the game. Andy was great. Our d-men were not. With Ceci out I think we basically had 4 guys who would be no better than a #6 on a cup winner. We were badly out shot and routinely held in the zone by a team that played the previous night, although I can allow for some rust out of the break (then again, the panther game).

In spite of this our forwards were able to capitalize on some chances and we walked away with two divisional points. This forward group continues to be among the best in the league despite missing MacArthur, Michalek and Lazar.

All that to say that if we go out and add another forward instead of addressing a problem that has been glaring for years on the blue line I think I'm going to scream. No other Sens defenceman has put up 40 points in a season (which EK now has in 36 games) since Karlsson joined the team.

I think given the promise shown by our two first rounders in 2015 that we are in a position where we can move some young assets in pursuit of an LHD. And I think it would be a kind of rising tide lifts all boats situation in which other players would appear more valuable once the team started performing better. But obviously the issue is finding a willing trade partner.

This is a great post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad