News Article: Boston Globe: A hockey pro dies and coach he said raped him is free

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Last edited by a moderator:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'll tell you without much detail that these people are so hard to take down. When they are established in the community it's virtually impossible. Sadly I know this from experience.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gove was from my home town. I know a lot of people who know the family. Just a brutally sad story all the way around, from the child rape to his subsequent battle with addiction trying to cope with his past.

It's disgusting the coach is still out there.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Read this story yesterday, and was really saddened by the whole thing. Especially how Gove was so leery of exposing Richardson for fear of harming his hockey career. Such a sad, sad story.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
The court of public opinion would appear to be the only way to nail this guy. It would help if local sports talk radio would help in taking him down. But it's hockey, so most of the talk jocks could care less.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I doubt many people in his town don't know NOW the guy is a scum bag. Too little too late. But in these cases, a lot of people do know stuff was going on for years and just blow it off as "rumor and innuendo".

Dave Gove was a good little player. Speedy (not enough for the NHL) and shifty. It's too bad he wasn't able to stay healthy and coach. Could have been a lifeline.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
difficult situation... one that has been part of society for thousands of years... the stories from history where older authority figures would compromise their young apprentices for favored opportunity of advancement

some cultures/societies actually openly championed this behavior in their armies.

in hollywood the legend of the casting couch became almost a joke punchline

never makes it right but we were naive to think hockey would be immune to it.

hate to hear even 1 example of this... but im so grateful its not more widespread like it has been other places/other times. this has to be stopped everywhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad