GDT: Boston College vs. Denver. Excel Energy Center (MN). 6pm EST. ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Denver knew they were outgunned when it came to offensive talent and they played the conservative defensive trap game perfectly. Combine that with an outstanding goalie performance, and you have a recipe for an upset. After they got the first goal, it was clear that the rest of the game was going to look like an early 2000's Devils game.

BC needed to change strategies when it was obvious they were having trouble breaking the trap. The DU goalie played well, but he wasn't facing many high difficulty chances until the third period. They needed to get more traffic to the net and look for screens and greasy goals. There wasn't enough desperation in their game until later on, but it was already too late.

Not sure if Leonard will go pro or not. I think his odds of coming to the Caps next year would be greater if BC had won. Being so close to winning a championship could inspire him and his buddies to stay another year, but there are just as many reasons for some of them to turn pro. Their team will probably look a lot different next year.

Personally, I don't think Leonard has much more to learn at the college level. I wouldn't blame him for staying another year for his own personal reasons, but his career development would be best served by coming to the Caps. Guess we'll just have to wait a little longer to find out.
They've dealt with teams they've played this style a bunch this seasons so I don't feels that is an accurate take for the game. Was pretty clear to me, even going in. with the two #1 teams going at it it was a first goal was the likely win.

First goal also was some puck luck but that it is how it breaks down as we all know in these games.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
They've dealt with teams they've played this style a bunch this seasons so I don't feels that is an accurate take for the game. Was pretty clear to me, even going in. with the two #1 teams going at it it was a first goal was the likely win.

First goal also was some puck luck but that it is how it breaks down as we all know in these games.

I think it was pretty clear that Denver was a different animal from other teams playing that style. There were only two teams that BC went winless against this season. Maine and Denver.

And you are correct, first one to score is often a huge deciding factor in a defensive game. They played right into Denver's hands by being so cautious for the first 2 periods instead of going with their strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad