GDT: Boston Bruins vs Montreal Canadiens "Stuck In The Past" Edition 3/3 @7:30pm NBCSN II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstaal

go canes go
Apr 14, 2009
mass
hmmm

I really wasn't impressed to be honest. I feel the loss was more on the ridiculous turnovers made by the Bruins throughout the entire game.

watched it off and on, saw all of mid-2nd to end, but seemed like a even-stephen game to me, not sure why u think it was all on the turnovers... montreal was skating, bruins have trouble with fast skating teams...Both goalies looked good

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Rask's third period wasnt very good either.....He did not give us contender level goaltending tonight. Other than that, it was a good entertaining game that they easily could have at least tied. It was nice to see Chara step up for Seguin.

I would like to see more from the third and fourth lines, and Nathan Horton though.Due to our third and fourth lines not wearing em down, we are turning into a third period lamb and not a lion. That is concerning.

What about the first line? Krejci was responsible for a goal against and he did nothing tonight to make up for it. Hey...Kelly hit two posts tonight, more than anyone on the first line (except for lucic's fight).

In other words, our 3rd and 4th lines played better than our 1st.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Nicely put and I think we can also elimate Bourque from being the problem in the 3rd line.

It's pretty much what a lot of people said: Bourque might not be the best options on the 3rd line but he was not the problem. Case in point: Tonight's game...

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Emelin should thank his visor and the linesmen for his face to still be in one piece. Kudos to Chara for jumping the punk. Even if that led to the loss.

All three losses this year we had the lead in the 3rd... Not usual of this team.

paree87

Oct 14, 2011
Boston
awful officiating 2 games in a row. Normally not one to blame refs but both of the past 2 outcomes were heavily influenced by poor reffing. so many missed calls tonight. :rant::rant::rant:

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
watched it off and on, saw all of mid-2nd to end, but seemed like a even-stephen game to me, not sure why u think it was all on the turnovers... montreal was skating, bruins have trouble with fast skating teams...Both goalies looked good

Try watching a full game before you post. 2 of 4 montreal goals were scored on turnovers.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Don't want to go toe-to-toe with Chara? Easy, don't cheapshot his teammate.

Don't want 17 in the box? Easy, don't feel the need to flex your muscles against someone half your size who's sporting metal plates yet still fights admirably.

I mean, yeah, do whatever, but calling a player a coward because his condition doesn't permit him to fight is just really pathetic.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
got a clip?

No I don't but I'm sure you remember Marchand sticking his stick in Prusts face in the final minute or Thornton crosschecking Subban in the numbers well after he passed the puck off. I'm not here to argue, I was just saying that the habs played dirty tonight there is no denying that, but it would be nice if you guys didn't pretend that the Bruins didn't play dirty either. The two teams bring the worst of each other and that's what creates an awesome rivalry between the two teams and I hope that's something that goes on forever. Win or lose, I'm always happy to play the Bruins cause they're an exciting team and I hope you guys see it that way too. Here's to a wishful playoff matchup between our two teams this year! have a good night bruins fans, and keep in mind every fanbase has their fair share of idiots so just ignore the habs fans trolling and saying the Bruins suck ;)

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia

Boston faces many fast teams and are fine. Turnovers killed them. If you watched the first you would know this.

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
Habs games aren't even enjoyable. Too much extra stuff from like diving and whining. Then the Habs get crappy goals. Seems like every time we play them they get a 5 on 3. Happy to see some nasty from Lucic and Chara. Sucks it cost Chara 17 minutes to stick up for a teammate after a non call. The bruins should have had about 3 power plays the got canceled out with no explanation. Our defense was terrible tonight and its starting to make me worry. Our first line was invisible besides Lucic. Need another goal scorer for our 3rd line.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Don't want to go toe-to-toe with Chara? Easy, don't cheapshot his teammate.

It's amazing how many of them don't 'get' this..

If Emelin laid out Seguin with a huge clean hit then.. okay.. fine. I'd understand the protest on Chara's instigator. Hell, I'd even agree. Nothing more annoying when players flip out on clean hits.

However.. What Emelin did wasn't even close to being "clean". So you pay the price for it.. ESPECIALLY when the ****ing refs let it go.

Live by the sword. You die by it. It's that simple.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Off topic but I'd wear kevlar socks and a full cage if I played in the NHL. Rather look like a ***** than get a puck or stick in my eye. That being said, I'd never get a high sticking call go my way so other teams should be happy.

Read your post... about too give you some ****, but then I saw your username. I didn't recognize the avvy at first, and thought you were trolling

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
- A wasted effort by the Bergeron line. They were brilliant tonight. One of those nights when it felt like they would score every time they took a shift. Bergy played EASILY his best game of the year.

- The third line was a complete ****ing gong show. Straight up awful. Holy ****. Chiareli needs to address this, now. Chris Kelly was decent early but then disappeared again. Dan Paille is not a 3rd liner and Rich Peverley was bad.

- So many turnovers.

- Andy Ference, after having two straight good games was dreadful.

- Overall, I think the defense was putrid tonight. Chara was good, Dougie was good but the other 4 all had tough moments.

- The first line was bad. David Krejci was invisible, his first poor game of the year.

- Tuukka Rask was AWFUL. Denying it is homerism. He was out of position all night, bad with his rebounds. Shaky is an understatement.

- This team can be so good but they can be so bad, sometimes within minutes. We blew a third period lead, again. We have a depth issue. The Merlot was good again, they have been improving but the third line is a total disaster area.

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Don't want 17 in the box? Easy, don't feel the need to flex your muscles against someone half your size who's sporting metal plates yet still fights admirably.

I mean, yeah, do whatever, but calling a player a coward because his condition doesn't permit him to fight is just really pathetic.

So he shouldn't be crosschecking player's ribs. Most people have no problem with the 17 minutes in penalties Z got.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Good overall game by both teams. Each team had their moments. Just one game though. Till next game. I'm wondering though....I hope we don't win too many games against your team....my vacation plans might change....unless I change my license plate on my car....or add a Go Bruins Go logo in the windshield....;)

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Hab fans celebrating tonight probably watch the Big Bang Theory and think its the greatest show ever.

tumblr_lwjf7eGqzb1qh1x5oo1_250.gif

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH

Sounds to me like his condition should prevent him from playing a physical brand of hockey. BUt it doesn't. I guess its everyone else's fault when he gets manhandled for his antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad