GDTPage1a_zpsaddc82c6.jpg

GDTPage2b2_zpsf4646851.jpg

GDTPage3a_zps4a1f2b6b.jpg

GDTPage4_zps71e68fe4.jpg

Last edited:

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Season is quickly going down the toilet... a loss tonight all but would seal our fate for missing playoffs.

This season has been shameful and inexcusable.

We lose tonight we should be looking to sell... and sell low if we have to (ie kelly... get his ass out of here)

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Battle of powder puff teams. Boston has become an untalented, uninterested Detroit. If you are going to try the soft, speed, small, skill route better have the speed and skill to pull it off.

Detroit wins hopefully getting Chiarelli closer to looking for new opportunities.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Detroit wins hopefully getting Chiarelli closer to looking for new opportunities.
You actually believe it would take a Detroit win to have him look closer? As if he isn't already looking for solutions?

By the way, what "new opportunities" are you even talking about? Conjuring up trades out of thin air? Perhaps trading our lesser players for other teams' better players? Or maybe the previously mentioned elsewhere trading quarters for nickels and dimes?

As far as I can tell, there are 3 things that need to happen: 1) acquisition of RW for Krejci; 2) acquisition of #3/4 dman; and 3) everyone to remain healthy and return to true game form.

Let's do that before we start slinging mud against the wall to see what sticks.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
You actually believe it would take a Detroit win to have him look closer? As if he isn't already looking for solutions?

By the way, what "new opportunities" are you even talking about? Conjuring up trades out of thin air? Perhaps trading our lesser players for other teams' better players? Or maybe the previously mentioned elsewhere trading quarters for nickels and dimes?

As far as I can tell, there are 3 things that need to happen: 1) acquisition of RW for Krejci; 2) acquisition of #3/4 dman; and 3) everyone to remain healthy and return to true game form.

Let's do that before we start slinging mud against the wall to see what sticks.

Great post. Or acquisition of a winger for Soderberg after bumping up Eriksson but I'm dreaming.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Excellent GDT! I hope our French Canadians (Bergeron, Caron, DuJour, DuJour, DuJour) can start at least a 3 game winning streak. We need it.

Sveddy can't be starting, can he? Then again, that's what I said against the Blue Jackets...

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I believe Julien called this a must win game. Must be why Caron was recalled.

Who else would you like to see on that fourth line outside of Caron? ("Anyone but Caron" isn't an acceptable answer.)

True, he's not a great player and he's got limited value -- including his cap hit, which is amongst the lowest on the roster -- but what value he holds is applicable to the fourth line. Gagne isn't available and the fourth line isn't a good match for Cunningham.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Who else would you like to see on that fourth line outside of Caron? ("Anyone but Caron" isn't an acceptable answer.)

True, he's not a great player and he's got limited value -- including his cap hit, which is amongst the lowest on the roster -- but what value he holds is applicable to the fourth line. Gagne isn't available and the fourth line isn't a good match for Cunningham.

Tyler Randell, Justin Florek, Brian Ferlin or Rob Flick. We know what Caron brings, very little, Randell and Flick would bring a physical element ( I know they don't need one, this season has been such a success playing like the stay puft marshmallow men) Florek and Ferlin have some size and speed.

Sadly this points out how shallow the suspect pool truly is when Jordan Caron is recalled and there aren't many other viable options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad