Boston Bruins vs CSKA Moscow

85highlander

Apr 2, 2007
If I remember correctly, the biggest thing about that game was the return of Bobby Orr (between periods) to the Boston Garden for the raising of his # 4 to the rafters. Someone posted a five part youtube of this -- I've posted the one below where Orr is given a Boston Bruins Jersey with his old # 4 on it and the crowd begs him to put it on one final time, for at this point he was still under contract with the Chicago Blackhawks.

The other segments of the retirement festivities show Orr getting something like a 10 minute plus standing O, essentially forcing them to cancel the other speakers, because people wouldn't stop clapping for Orr...

I'm still clapping....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPCIcxMbjWE

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
If I remember correctly, the biggest thing about that game was the return of Bobby Orr (between periods) to the Boston Garden for the raising of his # 4 to the rafters.

That was in January 1979 against the Soviet Wings, which I think is a different team from CSKA, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I had never seen anything from the 1976 game. It also has to be 1976 if Brad Park and Ken Hodge are both on the Bruins in the game....they talk about both in one of the two clips of the game I saw on Youtube.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad