Post-Game Talk: Boston Bruins v New Jersey Devils - 4/4/13 - 1-0 - JAGR GAME WINNAH!

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Nice, thx for the analysis, Jagr brings an element that PP or 5 on 5 hasn`t seen in a long time, sublime vision and an ability to make a pass the majority can`t which, at his age, is remarkable.

Didn`t see the game as you know but with a shortened season, I believe that Jagr will have plenty of post season gas left in the tank unlike last season with the Flyers when it was apparant he had nothing left.

Segs/Marchand/Jagr will figure it out, 3 exceptionally talented players, just will take time for Jagr to catch onto their habits, where they are on the ice etc....

Last season was different, regardless of the length of the season. Jagr had been away from the NHL for 3 years and needed time to readjust to the faster game of the NHL. He started off really well with a PPG pace in his first 40 games but then he got injured at the Winter Classic in January and never really recovered it from it. He hurt his groin which was always an issue when he was younger. He tried to come back early too many times and he was never the same player after the Winter Classic. FSadly in his last 33 regular season games he only managed 14 Pts which was the worst spell of his professional career. He has looked much better this season in Dallas with less talented linemates and he looked very good in his debut with the Bruins.

In my mind, a healthy Jagr is still a superstar.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Last season was different, regardless of the length of the season. Jagr had been away from the NHL for 3 years and needed time to readjust to the faster game of the NHL. He started off really well with a PPG pace in his first 40 games but then he got injured at the Winter Classic in January and never really recovered it from it. He hurt his groin which was always an issue when he was younger. He tried to come back early too many times and he was never the same player after the Winter Classic. FSadly in his last 33 regular season games he only managed 14 Pts which was the worst spell of his professional career. He has looked much better this season in Dallas with less talented linemates and he looked very good in his debut with the Bruins.

In a weird way he reminded me somewhat of Jean Ratelle and Bobby Carpenter. Wish that I could elaborate...The talent and presence that he possesses is fantastic. I only saw part of the second and third period due to being out on an emergency job.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
59770_365993100172163_39627793_n.jpg

The longer Jagr plays as a Bruin, the more these kids will learn.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

That's a solid analysis and one that many people would be eager to dismiss.I am sure many just assumed Jagr's age caught up to him.I am not sure whether Jagr can still be a superstar ,all that I hope he can be is a solid top 6 forward.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
What's the new pregame song for the montage the bruins use it was volbeat warrior call early in the year

I don't know. But they have to go back to volbeat or audioslave for the playoffs.
Ill shazam it next game I go to
Wasn't it a female singer? It may have been halestorm.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00