Boston Bruins Trade Coming Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
456876218.jpg

Credit: Getty Images

The Boston Bruins have passed the quarter mark of this season, and earned a 14-9-1 record for their efforts thus far. The team currently has the top “wildcard†position in the Eastern Conference with 29 points, trailing the Atlantic Division leading Montreal Canadiens by four points. The team has certainly struggled to get going this season, and injuries to key players have not helped a Bruins team that strives to be atop the National Hockey League standings year by year.

For more:
http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/11/30/boston-bruins-trade-coming-soon/

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Bruins need more goals. I don't think trading Krug would be smart. He's small yes but...
Eriksson makes more sense, so we can finally watch him score 30 goals again somewhere else... ;-)

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
10-4-1 with Chara out and with Krejci out for a good chunk of that as well. I don't think management is in any hurry to add to this roster and unless things go sideways quickly. I think management is willing to sit back and see what they got going into the deadline.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I don't know how Boston will resign Dougie, Smitty, Krug, AND Soda next year. Dougie isn't going anywhere, I don't think Smitty is, and I doubt Soda is, the only expendable one there is Krug (DW isnt as good no, but he plays a similar game and is alot cheaper)

Krug might be the centrepiece in a deal (now) to get a winger, but we're in a jam with all the injuries on D that its a risky move (thanks to the JB trade)

Chiarelli is in a real tight jam right now and if the cap doesn't go up, we're ****ed.

and i agree with the above, Eriksson + Krug for any of those, no. Eberle's value is way overblown by Edmonton.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
10-4-1 with Chara out and with Krejci out for a good chunk of that as well. I don't think management is in any hurry to add to this roster and unless things go sideways quickly. I think management is willing to sit back and see what they got going into the deadline.

Agree. Don't know what "soon" means here, but I would think they'll not do anything until after this west coast road trip, at the very least.

Maybe if they get blown out of the rink in a few of these games, they might be worried about sinking too far out of the top 8, but I would think they'll wait till Chara and Krejci get back to see where they're at.

Of course, it also depends on the timing of Chara and DK getting back and how they look, etc. Can't see PC and co. making a move until then. They're not a crew prone to making panic moves.

Lots of variables at play though.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
It's been thought a trade has been coming for weeks. Nothing is going to happen soon. I'd anything happens, it will be one Chara and Krejci cone back.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Have heard lots of tidbits suggesting Chiarelli is working some trades, but Ericsson + Krug for Foligno is a horrible trade, and a weak salary dump.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I don't know how Boston will resign Dougie, Smitty, Krug, AND Soda next year. Dougie isn't going anywhere, I don't think Smitty is, and I doubt Soda is, the only expendable one there is Krug (DW isnt as good no, but he plays a similar game and is alot cheaper)

Krug might be the centrepiece in a deal (now) to get a winger, but we're in a jam with all the injuries on D that its a risky move (thanks to the JB trade)

Chiarelli is in a real tight jam right now and if the cap doesn't go up, we're ****ed.

and i agree with the above, Eriksson + Krug for any of those, no. Eberle's value is way overblown by Edmonton.

Its been said by some people with pretty good authority that the cap will go up next year no doubt.

I however wouldn't be moving Krug....I like him a lot and he has a good skill set.

Eriksson..yes please.

Cap is indeed killing us right now tho.

I'd love to see Kane, Eberle, Foligno etc here..but gotta give to get...and were in a tough position

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I doubt anything happens in the next few months, I think the deadline will be busy though. Hopefully Chia gets another winger and maybe a defenseman at the deadline, injuries are definitely going to happen heading into the playoffs.

A Healthy Kelly*

i do eriksson plus for eberle even as a loui fan. eberle's a world-class offensive talent. krug would be too much of an immediate 'plus' though

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Honestly if all else being equal, I think smith is more expendable than Krug. If one has a better season and hopefully playoffs than the other it could certainly tip the scales.

Just think Krug is too important to our puck movement and offense from the back part of the ice...especially our powerplay, he is a huge factor in its recent success

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Honestly if all else being equal, I think smith is more expendable than Krug. If one has a better season and hopefully playoffs than the other it could certainly tip the scales.

Just think Krug is too important to our puck movement and offense from the back part of the ice...especially our powerplay, he is a huge factor in its recent success

Absolutely. Smith is much more easily replaced. Krug is a more difficult piece to replace, and is the lynchpin in our power play.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Erikkson and Krug for Kane and something, maybe a 2nd round pick or a prospect like Nicholas Petan or J.C Lipn would make sense. Kane is under contract for some time at a reasonable price which is good.

Krug is going to make at least 3.5 million this summer which is very costly for what he does. Krug is a good player but I think we have the offense from the back end covered with Dougie and Chara. As hard as Krug tries he might always be a liability in his own end and with the type of money he will make it might be too costly. He would have to be alot better in his own end to merrit over 4 million and there is a good chance that a team will have to pay him that.

Erikkson is lukewarm to me. It simply hasn't worked. Not every good two-way player fits into the B's system and Louie proves that. Don't get me wrong he is a good player but he just doesn't put us over the top like we wanted so its time to get a bonafide power forward to replace Horton/Iginla. Kane is alot like Horty was when he first came to the B's. He would also give us a legitimate young star, something we lost when we traded Seguin.

The Erikkson and Krug contracts just about equal Kane at the moment and with Krug getting a bigger deal this offseason it will be savings in the longer term.

Lucic Krejci Kane
Marchand Bergy Pastrnak
Griffith Soderberg Smith
Paille Campbell Kelly

Looks like a pretty good forward group. I also wouldn't mind them trading Soderberg for a good NHL prospect with jam as well...

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Its been said by some people with pretty good authority that the cap will go up next year no doubt.

I however wouldn't be moving Krug....I like him a lot and he has a good skill set.

Eriksson..yes please.

Cap is indeed killing us right now tho.

I'd love to see Kane, Eberle, Foligno etc here..but gotta give to get...and were in a tough position

If WTI continues to slump, expect the petro dollar in Canada to have a huge negative impact on league earnings next year.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Erikkson and Krug for Kane and something, maybe a 2nd round pick or a prospect like Nicholas Petan or J.C Lipn would make sense. Kane is under contract for some time at a reasonable price which is good.

Krug is going to make at least 3.5 million this summer which is very costly for what he does. Krug is a good player but I think we have the offense from the back end covered with Dougie and Chara. As hard as Krug tries he might always be a liability in his own end and with the type of money he will make it might be too costly. He would have to be alot better in his own end to merrit over 4 million and there is a good chance that a team will have to pay him that.

Erikkson is lukewarm to me. It simply hasn't worked. Not every good two-way player fits into the B's system and Louie proves that. Don't get me wrong he is a good player but he just doesn't put us over the top like we wanted so its time to get a bonafide power forward to replace Horton/Iginla. Kane is alot like Horty was when he first came to the B's. He would also give us a legitimate young star, something we lost when we traded Seguin.

The Erikkson and Krug contracts just about equal Kane at the moment and with Krug getting a bigger deal this offseason it will be savings in the longer term.

Lucic Krejci Kane
Marchand Bergy Pastrnak
Griffith Soderberg Smith
Paille Campbell Kelly

Looks like a pretty good forward group. I also wouldn't mind them trading Soderberg for a good NHL prospect with jam as well...

I would do that as well, but I would not trade Soderberg for a prospect.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Lucic Krejci Kane
Marchand Bergy Pastrnak
Griffith Soderberg Smith
Paille Campbell Kelly

Love everything but the trading of Krug and soderberg for a prospect with jam

Think Krug is too important to the powerplay, unless they think Warsofsky can replace him

Soderberg needs to be kept. I think having three strong centers is a very important part of how this team operates

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I hope Chiarelli stays away from Evander Kane, he's all physical tools and no hockey sense. He has not met the expectations that came with his draft position and I do not believe he will. Classic case of all the tools but not knowing how to use them. He makes over $5 million on the cap and produces significantly less offense than Marchand. He's not worth the assets the Bruins would have to give up to acquire him. Every year it seems that fans think Kane will have a 35-40 goal season and I don't think it will ever happen.

Foligno I like. He's a real hard-nosed player and a beast on the forecheck but he's a free agent.

Eberle...sure great offensive player and I'd love to watch him in Boston but what is the asking price?

Jackw5

Mar 21, 2011
Sheffield

Lucic Krejci Kane
Marchand Bergy Pastrnak
Griffith Soderberg Smith
Paille Campbell Kelly

Kane and Ehlers would be nice

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
If Krug and Smith don't start producing more I think their price tags will be lower than some here may think

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
If and when this team gets healthy I like it as is. Found a gem in Morrow and Pasta looks NHL able. If anything I look to add a solid enforcer to the 4th line to get em going again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad