GDT: Boston Bruins @ San Jose Sharks 7:30pm

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
True. I did like their net front presence,

TK, Shep and Nieto were awesome. Am I wrong in thinking they play better when Scott is dressed?

It's either Scott or Brown. I like to think it's Brown because he'll throw some violent hits that do create some energy.

Brwon is a very good skater too. Hands of stone but looks like an olympic speed skater out there. He's at least eating up a lot of ice and creating some chances with that speed. Scott fdoes it with his length? lol.

I think Sharks are undefeated with Brown in lineup.

DW!

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
He played great defensively in this game too. Made some very good reads and was responsible.

I do like Shepp and have thought he has potential to be solid 3rd liner maybe even 2nd 3rd tweener ...but he needs to be good on faceoffs to be a good 3rd liner imo. He has a pretty good shot too when he uses it. Which is never.

He ready the play incredibly well and has deceptively good hands. I like Shep a lot, and I want to keep him on the team, but as you said he needs to improve his defensive game (not that it's terrible, but its not great) and his face-offs.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
The Sharks have had 3 lucky goals minimum. I'm not sure they even deserve to win ..but I'll take it.

Say Wat? Sharks dominated in the 2nd and 3rd period. Check what someone above wrote about the Sharks owning the neutral zone and Tukka's crease area in those periods.

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.
spencerjacob.bandcamp.com
for all he isn't, scott is actually has pretty good hockey sense. maybe he sees the ice well from up there!

Yeah I agree. Liked his little no look, back hander pass in the d-zone tonight. It started a nice breakout.

He is definitely WAY better at hockey than I thought. I do get the feeling the players like having him out there too. It seems like they can focus better knowing he can bust some heads if need be. I think he had a lot to do with the wins against the Ducks.

There is certainly a mental part to the game.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I think Sharks are undefeated with Brown in lineup.

DW!

And this here is why wilson thinks he is the most brilliant of GM's. Signing idiottic players like brown. And then just happen to have a winning record with said player in the lineup.

alexander supertramp

awesome hockey dude
Jul 10, 2009
ubiquitous, Earth
really like the forward lines right now. Kennedy has really done well in the games in which he has played. good to see him having some success. this will really help the team the rest of the season.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
He ready the play incredibly well and has deceptively good hands. I like Shep a lot, and I want to keep him on the team, but as you said he needs to improve his defensive game (not that it's terrible, but its not great) and his face-offs.

Shep has really improved his faceoffs since last year at least. 54% on the dot this year so far. Generally agree with the defensive game though

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.
Say Wat? Sharks dominated in the 2nd and 3rd period. Check what someone above wrote about the Sharks owning the neutral zone and Tukka's crease area in those periods.

They did dominate the 2nd and 3rd but they completely shat the bed in the 1st. The game was closer than the score indicates. However, I do think the Sharks earned the win. I just hate lucky goals.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Shep has really improved his faceoffs since last year at least. 54% on the dot this year so far. Generally agree with the defensive game though

Shep's issues always stem from his consistency level. For the role he's in, it varies too greatly from game to game. He can be a damn good player one night and suck major quantities of ass the next. If he can find a happy medium where he's just good from night to night, he'll be given more leeway.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
What's wrong with sheps defensive game? I'm sure it could improve but he's hardly struggling.

I'd say at his current level he's right where he needs to be. Like any player he could stand to shoot more but I don't want him out of the lineup.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Third period:

tumblr_lpm0441j4F1qcyrf1.gif

I still say burn those jerseys

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.
What's wrong with sheps defensive game? I'm sure it could improve but he's hardly struggling.

I'd say at his current level he's right where he needs to be. Like any player he could stand to shoot more but I don't want him out of the lineup.

He's inconsistent defensively. Some games he's brilliant and other games he's like 2 steps late on his backchecks or doesn't get his guy in the zone.

He has been a lot better of late. In the games I've seen.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I disagree actually. Sheppard has vastly improved on his defensive game and his faceoff ability from last year. I've been very pleased with him this whole year and I no longer think #3C is a hole. Sheppard is a decent enough #3C that it's not worth making a trade for a marginal improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad