Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I'm just glad one less Canadian team in it. Vancouver and Edmonton guarantees one less, and hoping who ever wins that gets knocked out.

So over the Canadian team narrative every f'ing year.

What's with the American superiority complex?

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
Colorado is listed for obvious reasons.

And the fact Toronto’s offense dries up Ian it a random stat. It’s the reason they lost
They were one goal away from winning the series and Swayman made some really nice saves.

I just fail to see what Colorado has to do with this series lol. Congrats to them with all those goals then?

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Sure, but I mentioned it mostly for:
A. Leafs defence is at least changing, bringing in some players decent enough to give a chance to prove themselves.
B. to say that the Defence wasn't the problem, doesn't even matter that what you say about Bruins lack of punch is absolutely true. Leafs Cap imbalance in favour of 4 players was supposed to pay dividends.
I just checked their roster.
Their D is decent, they need 3 good D and a goalie.
They have 18m in cap space. That is enough.
Marner and Tavares are buyout proof…so either they break their legs or injure their spleens (life hack from the Pacific Division) and put them on LTIR and gain some cap space or they are stuck with the current team minus Domi and Bertuzzi.
Tavares has no value at all in a trade.

So it has to be Marner. Any defenseman would help. And a trading partner who believes Marner could help them when he is away from the spotlight in Toronto. Good luck with that.
If Marner wants to stay, though…

Erik Karlsson for Marner straight up. Dubas signs him to 8x12.5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad