Confirmed with Link: Boston Bruins Acquire Ondrej Kase (RW) from ANA -- Backes On The Move!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
After watching Kase's 20 goals in 2017-18, he's pretty dynamic. Great on break-aways (has a go-to move going back-hand high), scores a bunch in-tight of deflections/rebounds, and can also fire the puck pretty good (albeit a few of those goals had eyes and the goalie would surely love back).

Reactions: PB37

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Anderson? But he's out injured and we all know the major question marks with him right now. Miles Wood in NJD but he's a LW. Kreider is a massive fish that probably isn't realistic now. That's really it.
Those were the only guys i could come up with too. And I'm pretty sure in any deal bringing back Kreider, Heinen or Bjork would be the adds, not the centerpiece. That centerpiece would need to be a first, so I think kreider is off the table.

I am intrigued by some of the bigger proposals, including both Bjork AND Heinen, plus adds, that brings both Wood and Palmieri. I'd fly back to Boston just to drive them both to the airport!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Don’t trade Bjork. It has to be Heinen. Palmeiri is overrated. Could be another Beleskey.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They really need some size though...

:(

I think that’s been a lot less of an issue since that week long break. It would be nice to add somebody with some size in the top nine but the team has been playing with some snarl lately so they aren’t as desperate for it as they once were in my opinion. Lauzon and the possible addition of Frederic down the stretch means we may have had the answers in house all along

Reactions: GloveSave1

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Happy this is our guy. Dont like losing the first. Very glad Sweeny managed to move the bulk of Backes contract for next year. I'm assuming this is the deal beyond maybe a depth add.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Here's a personal anecdote about this guy

I live in ducks country and got free tickets to a game against the Islanders a few months back. Kase was pretty noticable on the ice, and late in the game he scored a goal and the dude looked elated. Huge smile, energetic. I wondered if it was his first goal or a milestone of some kind, but no, the Ducks fans assured me that that's just what he does all the time.

So I think he's going to be a great guy to have in the room, regardless of his fit in the lineup.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Just as a note, here's how Kase and Palmieri compare at even-strength this year. These are per 60 minutes, so the individual ice time doesn't affect the numbers.

PlayerGoals/60Primary Points/60Points/60ixG/60 (expected goals scored)
Palmieri0.951.501.980.70
Kase0.521.301.740.71
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

And here's the past three years (caveat is that Palmieri's played 192 games and Kase has only played 145):

PlayerGoals/60Primary Points/60Points/60ixG/60
Palmieri0.911.381.740.69
Kase1.061.872.180.84
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

This is just to show that it's entirely possible that Kase could be better for the Bruins than Palmieri.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA

I live in ducks country and got free tickets to a game against the Islanders a few months back. Kase was pretty noticable on the ice, and late in the game he scored a goal and the dude looked elated. Huge smile, energetic. I wondered if it was his first goal or a milestone of some kind, but no, the Ducks fans assured me that that's just what he does all the time.

So I think he's going to be a great guy to have in the room, regardless of his fit in the lineup.
Sounds kind of like Debrusk

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

He reminds me a lot of Pasta on and off the ice.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
What am I missing? This is a good player?

GP..G...A....P.....+/-...PIM... PPG
4971623-7100
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma