Boston Bruins - 90s dream team?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Thought it would be fun to combine the best player's from 1990 to 1999 who played for this team.

What i got:

Byron Dafoe

Ray Bourque - Glen Wesley
Don Sweeney - Darren Van Impe
Kyle McLaren - Dave Ellett

Dmitri Kvartalnov - Adam Oates - Cam Neely
Sergei Samsonov - Joe Juneau - Dmitri Khristich
Ted Donato - Jason Allison - Steve Heinze
Pj Axelsson - Tim Taylor - Rob DiMaio

Could this team do any damage in todays NHL if the players where in their 90s form and age?

Discuss and make your own rosters.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Joe Thornton, Rick Tocchet, Al Iafrate and Anson Carter should be there. Maybe even Hal Gill.

Reactions: LSCII

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'll have to look, but I imagine there are better options than Van Impe and Ellett.

True. If everyone is in their primes Paul Coffey definitely makes the team.

Dafoe

Bourque-McClaren
Wesley-Coffey
Galley-Kasatanov

Juneau-Oates-Neely
Rosie-Jumbo-Sammy
Stevens-Allison-Carpenter
Tocchet-Janney-Linesman

That is the list if you get everyone in their prime Joe Mullen should probably be in there but I never really thought he was that good a player think he has a really shitty rating in NHL 93. Coffee/Kasatanov/Tocchet/Stevens don't make the lineup if its based on how they were as Bruins.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I'd prefer to forget the 90's Bruins teams. Even 89-90 team that went to the final was basically Neely and Bourque with a weak supporting cast.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It was interesting to look back on those teams from 1989-90 up to 1998-99.

One noticeable trend, outside of handful of players, tenures in Boston were awfully short, making it 3 consecutive seasons full-time in Boston was rare during this era.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It was interesting to look back on those teams from 1989-90 up to 1998-99.

One noticeable trend, outside of handful of players, tenures in Boston were awfully short, making it 3 consecutive seasons full-time in Boston was rare during this era.
And look how many long-timers there are now... Bergeron, Chara, Krejci, McQuaid, Marchand.... Then I guess Krug is next?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And look how many long-timers there are now... Bergeron, Chara, Krejci, McQuaid, Marchand.... Then I guess Krug is next?

Rask, then yeah it would be Krug by a small margin over Miller, who is in year 5. Pasta and Spooner are in year 4.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Of course there was a huge turnover, coaches as well as players, didn't think Sinden was going to take the fall for not winning did you? Milbury, Bowness, Sutter, Kasper and Burns. 5 in 10 years.

Juneau-Oates-Neely
Samsonov-Thornton-Tocchet
Donato-Allison-Carter
Baumgartner-Poulin-Byers
Bourque-Wesley
McLaren-Galley
Featherstone-Quintal
Moog
Dafoe

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If we're talking in their prime and not just 'as a Bruin in the 90s' then you gotta add Glen Murray

Glen Murray didn't return to Boston until the early 2000s.

He was still an unproven commodity during his mid 90s Bruins run before he was dealt Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad