GDT: Boston Bruins (38-27-6) @ Toronto Maple Leafs (32-23-15) | 7:30 PM EST | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
auston-matthews-austin-czarnik.jpeg

Boston Bruins (38-27-6) @ Toronto Maple Leafs (32-23-15)
Air Canada Centre
7:30 PM EST
TV: TSN4
Radio: TSN1050

Last meeting: 6-5 W

The Maple Leafs are 3-0-0 vs the Bruins this year and look to sweep the season series tonight after suffering an OT loss vs Chicago on Saturday. The last meeting was a 6-5 thriller in regulation. Connor Carrick has had 3 full practices with the team since his shoulder injury, practicing with Morgan Rielly, and could be returning. Freddy Andersen is expected to get the start.

Lineups:

:leafs
Forwards
van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Marner
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Komarov - Kadri - Brown
Martin - Boyle - Soshnikov

Defence
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Rielly - Carrick
Hunwick - Polak

Goalies
Andersen
McElhinney

Extras/Injuries
Leivo
Smith
Marincin
Marchenko
Fehr

:bruins
Forwards
Marchand - Bergeron* - Backes
Beleskey - Krejci - Pastrnak
Vatrano - Spooner - Stafford*
Nash - Moore - Hayes

Defence
Chara - Carlo
Krug - McQuaid
C. Miller - K. Miller

Goalies
Rask
Khudobin

Extras/Injuries
Schaller (lower body)
Morrow
Liles
Kuraly*
Acciari*

*Bergeron missed practice but is likely to play tonight. Stafford missed practice for the birth of he and his wife's twins but is also likely to play tonight. Nash and Hayes took their spots (Bergeron, Stafford) in practice and the Bruins called up Kuraly and Acciari.

GO LEAFS GO!

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wouldn't bet on Bergeron missing this game.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
For the love of God I hope Bergeron doesn't play. Dude is the biggest Leaf killer in the past 5 years IMO

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
For the love of God I hope Bergeron doesn't play. Dude is the biggest Leaf killer in the past 5 years IMO

Pretty much everyone can be a "Leaf killer" if the team sucks. We don't know who is actually a Leaf killer because we aren't a contender yet. If there are players that do great against us even when we are a legit top 5 team, I'll believe they are Leaf killers. Right now, they are just taking advantage of a team under construction. I'm sure Leaf killers are also Oiler, Avalanche and Coyotes killers as well.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
Big game yet again. Should be fun. I hope Andersen shows up again.

Really excited for this one. Bergeron may be hurting but he'll play so hopefully he's a little slowed down.

Happy Carrick is back and against Boston it'll help a lot to have a little bit more footspeed back there for quicker outs

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Big game yet again. Should be fun. I hope Andersen shows up again.

Andersen has video game numbers against Boston: 7-0-0 1.85 GAA and .944 SV. He's played great lately and the team defense since loss to Florida has also been better.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Monday game preview: Boston Bruins at Toronto Maple Leafs

The Bruins' Brad Marchand has nine points in three games as he chases a scoring title

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leaf...iew-boston-bruins-at-toronto-maple-leafs.html

By Mark ZwolinskiSports reporter
Sun., March 19, 2017

AIR CANADA CENTRE

PUCK DROP: Monday, 7:30 p.m.

TV: TSN4

RADIO: TSN 1050

KEY PLAYERS

Marchand vs. Komarov

The Bruins’ Brad Marchand is at the peak of his powers — he was one of the best players at the World Cup of Hockey back in September, and is now in a tight race for the NHL scoring lead, a point behind Connor McDavid and Sidney Crosby. Marchand has nine points in his last three games, including three in a showdown with McDavid on Thursday. With 79 points, he is also the first Bruin with more than 70 points since the 2008-09 season. While the Leafs’ Leo Komarov isn’t his equal offensively, the two are among the league’s best agitators. The Komarov line, which includes Nazem Kadri and Connor Brown, should see plenty of Marchand.

NEED TO KNOW

The Bruins won five of six games before stumbling in Edmonton on Thursday, and are coming off three days of rest with a three-point lead on the Leafs for third place in the Atlantic Division . . . Toronto is in the last wild-card spot with 79 points but the Islanders (78) and Lightning, both of whom have played one game more, are lurking . . . Special teams should be in the spotlight Monday night: The Leafs had the league’s most efficient power play (23.6 per cent) through Saturday’s games, the Bruins were 10th (20.8); Boston was second on the penalty kill (85.4 per cent) with Toronto ninth (83.3) . . . Former Leaf Dominic Moore is one of Bruins’ key penalty killer. He had a shorthanded goal against Edmonton last week, his third of the season . . . The Bruins have plenty of firepower besides Marchand, with eight players in double figures in goals. Only Boston (Marchand, 37, and David Pastrnak, 31) and Pittsburgh (Crosby, 40, and Evgeni Malkin, 33) have two 30-goal scorers this season.

UP NEXT

Wednesday, at Columbus, 7 p.m.

Game Day: Bruins at Maple Leafs

By Lance Hornby, Toronto Sun

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/20/game-day-bruins-at-maple-leafs

BOSTON BRUINS at TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Monday, 7:30 p.m., Air Canada Centre

TV: TSN4; Radio: 1050 AM

THE BIG MATCHUP

Brad Marchand vs. Frederik Andersen

The hottest players on both teams, with Marchand battling for the NHL scoring lead and Andersen the backbone of the Leafs achieving points in nine of the past 12 games he has been in. Marchand has found that perfect balance of aggression and scoring that has put the Bruins back in the playoff race. He’s trying to become Boston’s first winner of an Art Ross since Bobby Orr, not counting Joe Thornton’s split season as a Shark.

Bruins, Maple Leafs meet in battle of playoff contenders
The Associated Press•Mar 19, 2017, 4:24 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bruins-maple-leafs-meet-battle-playoff-contenders-202430788--nhl.html

TORONTO -- The Boston Bruins have been looking over their shoulders at the Toronto Maple Leafs as the teams jockey for playoff spots and seedings.

The teams have a chance to meet face to face Monday night at the Air Canada Centre.

The Bruins (38-27-6) have 82 points in 71 games and the Maple Leafs (32-23-15) have 79 points in 70 games. Both were in playoff spots entering Sunday.

The Bruins are 12-4-0 since Bruce Cassidy took over as coach and they have four points of a possible six in their past three games, all on the road.

They are still smarting, however, from a 7-4 loss to the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday.

The Maple Leafs are coming off a 2-1 overtime loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday at the Air Canada Centre.

"Every day you talk about how big the game is, but that's what we're going to do right until the end, obviously," Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said. "You can tell by looking at it. That's a huge point for us (Saturday), an absolutely huge point, but we've got to keep getting better.

"I thought we were, as good as we played at times, I thought we were very respectful of them and I'd like to see us go after them a little bit more. That's all part of the process too."

Maple Leafs rookie Auston Matthews ended a seven-game stretch without a goal or assist when he scored his 32nd goal of the season on Saturday.

"He has been playing well throughout the games he hasn't been getting a point," said teammate William Nylander, who combined with Matthews on the goal. "So, I mean, when you're playing well, that's basically what matters as long as you're creating. Now I'm happy for him that he was able to score a goal (Saturday)."

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I thought this game was tomorrow. Rare Monday night game, then off until Thursday?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Andersen has video game numbers against Boston: 7-0-0 1.85 GAA and .944 SV. He's played great lately and the team defense since loss to Florida has also been better.

I have dreamed of the day where we would have our very own Bruins killer.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Actually a bit nervous for this game. Can't wait for it to get going. It's massive in the sense that if we win our chances of making the playoffs increase by a lot, the good thing though is that losing it shouldn't hurt us to bad. But screw losing this has to be a statement game tonight.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
No we are playing on Wednesday and Thursday against Blue Jackets and then the Devils. 3 in 4 nights.

:laugh: Forgot about that.
In their wisdom they are holding a subscriber skating party Wednesday at the ACC while a game is going on elsewhere. :help:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Our main offensive players need to win a game for him soon. Cant expect him to steal points every game.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Today is a game changer and could be the monumental point in time that decides if Toronto is in or out of the playoffs this season.

A win over Beantown throws Boston back into the pack, opening up a div race spot, where a loss all but leaves the Leafs battling for the last WC spot realistically only at that point.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Is Carrick back in for sure?

I think that Marchenko has played much better than Carrick overall.

It seems like Marchenko has played nearly perfectly since he got here. I don't even really recall any glaring errors that he made. He's not an offensive threat, but he seems to pick his spots well and makes effective pinches when it's warranted.

He seems like a great partner for guys like Gardiner and Rielly who seem to benefit from having a more defensively sound partner.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I think that Marchenko has played much better than Carrick overall.

It seems like Marchenko has played nearly perfectly since he got here. I don't even really recall any glaring errors that he made. He's not an offensive threat, but he seems to pick his spots well and makes effective pinches when it's warranted.

He seems like a great partner for guys like Gardiner and Rielly who seem to benefit from having a more defensively sound partner.

If only we could find a way to get Polak off the roster... hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad