Boston Bruins 2015 Stanley Cup Playoff Tickets Available For Sale Friday

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Thanks Soosh!

Makes sense since Sox open at Fenway on the 13th. I do wonder if they will be put on NESN 2 and keep the B's on the main channel...

I'm sorry, who owns 80% of NESN?

Bruins have always been treated as second class on NESN, they need there own channel, until they do I would expect any conflict to have the Sox on NESN and the Bruins on NESN back up channels.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Bruins have always been treated as second class on NESN, they need there own channel, until they do I would expect any conflict to have the Sox on NESN and the Bruins on NESN back up channels.

For playoff games the Bruins stay on main channel and Sox go to NESN +

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

During playoffs NESN shows Bruins games and pushes Sox games to NESN plus. In the regular season hockey gets the tin can network.

Also given that NESN now only gets rights for the first round (NBC gets the rest) I doubt NESN would screw their few chances to make money by showing Sox games on the main network. At most NESN will get 3 games.

As for this-I'm curious why this is so huge a controversy. Games start up in about 2 weeks-it's not that far away.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
During playoffs NESN shows Bruins games and pushes Sox games to NESN plus. In the regular season hockey gets the tin can network.

Also given that NESN now only gets rights for the first round (NBC gets the rest) I doubt NESN would screw their few chances to make money by showing Sox games on the main network. At most NESN will get 3 games.

As for this-I'm curious why this is so huge a controversy. Games start up in about 2 weeks-it's not that far away.

Ottawa writers are bored...

I only brought up the NESN stuff because of the potential opening day conflict

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The regular season opener for the Sox is on a Monday afternoon - and, in fact, is smack dab in the middle of the Bruins brief break.

The regular season home opener for the Sox is similarly Monday afternoon - and is in the few days between regular season hockey and playoff hocke. Again, no conflict.

The games against the Caps and the Panthers, however, do conflict. I'd wager that the Bruins get NESN iff the WC spot hasn't been clinched. But if the Bruins are either already in the playoffs or already out of the playoffs, I can see them being relegated to NESN+. It's tough to manufacture excitement when you've got Svedberg in net, and you're benching Bergeron and/or Chara because of, as Jack Edwards put it last year, a "broken mahnamana".

As far as any potential first-round playoff games, there's no way that those get shuttled to NESN+ for Red Sox - and I'm sure John Henry had a nice long talk with the MLB schedule maker to make sure that no Yankees games were scheduled in late April.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

NBC will cover all the Bruins games in Round 1 but how many will be exclusive depends on how the matchups play out. NBC is certain to grab St Louis vs Chicago for the main network on a weekend afternoon and then most likely will grab a Metro matchup for the other afternoon slot.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Presale window open

Promocode 2015 Playoffs

http://www.ticketmaster.com/2015-pl...artistid=805902&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9

Prices are

Price:
US $492.00(US $502.45 with fees)
US $316.50(US $326.95 with fees)
US $295.00(US $305.45 with fees)
US $275.00(US $285.45 with fees)
US $265.00(US $275.45 with fees)
US $258.00(US $268.45 with fees)
US $215.00(US $225.45 with fees)
US $185.00(US $195.45 with fees)
US $155.00(US $165.45 with fees)
US $150.00(US $160.45 with fees)