Proposal: Boston and Vancouver

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Then you're either blind or ignorant. You wouldn't take Marchand or Bergeron or McAvoy or Krug or Debrusk? Give me a break.

McAvoy? Absolutely. DeBrusk? Sure. Krug? Eh. Bergeron? Don’t get me wrong I love Bergy but too old for VAN to have interest in. Marchand? Yeah okay that’d go over well.

Reactions: THE Green Man

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Beca

The only player you have that Van would want would be McAvoy.thats what we need, good young defence, the rest of our young players who will be joining the team over the next year or two are going to be great additions.

Fact for you, Van is said to
Have one of if not the best prospect pool coming up, intact, they have 5 of the top rated 80 including the hands down #1, so,I think we will be just fine without a deal with Boston unless they pass us what we want/need, reason being what pick does Boston have in the first round this draft.....exactly

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Seeing several mocks now where because of MTL needing a center, Kotkaniemi, Zadina, Hughes and Bouchard get taken 3 to 6. Leaving Vancouver on the board looking for D but with Tkachuk and Wahlstrom being the next best players.

So lets say we get to 7 and Tkachuk is on the board.

Bruins are overflowing with young LD. Krug, Zboril, Lauzon, Vaakaneinen, Grzelcyk. Some of those guys can be a center piece for #7 and some can't.

Is there a deal around Krug, Zboril+ or Vaakaneinen+ that would interest the Canucks?

I'd start by throwing Zboril + Heinen + B prospect of need to Canucks out there.
None of those get you 7th overall.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Seeing several mocks now where because of MTL needing a center, Kotkaniemi, Zadina, Hughes and Bouchard get taken 3 to 6. Leaving Vancouver on the board looking for D but with Tkachuk and Wahlstrom being the next best players.

Bruins are overflowing with young LD. Krug, Zboril, Lauzon, Vaakaneinen, Grzelcyk. Some of those guys can be a center piece for #7 and some can't.

Is there a deal around Krug, Zboril+ or Vaakaneinen+ that would interest the Canucks?

I'd start by throwing Zboril + Heinen + B prospect of need to Canucks out there.
Id consider Vaakaniainan Heinen and a 2nd

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015

Whats the potential of these prospects? Can't say I know a whole lot of them.

I am pretty excited who the Canucks can get at 7 so for me to see that pick traded I would hope some of those prospects have legit good ceilings.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015

Tk would be a big overcompensating mistake. One that would be terrible for this organization but one that I could see ownership making.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Vancouver should not even consider Boston in any trade..Vancouver could get better somewhere else

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Whats the potential of these prospects? Can't say I know a whole lot of them.

I am pretty excited who the Canucks can get at 7 so for me to see that pick traded I would hope some of those prospects have legit good ceilings.

Below is me parroting people that actually know what they are talking about, mind you...

Vaakaneinen is a top top top end skater in the modern defensive leaning two-way defenseman build. 19 year old and served as #1D for his team over in Liiga. Big big minutes. For instance, logged 32 minutes in a playoff game against Juolevi this year. Can rush with the puck and good with outlet pass. Right now not putting up a ton of points. The Bruins brass looks at him just below McAvoy and Pasta as a future building block. Likely Mr. McAvoy's partner in the long run. Just signed his ELC. He, of course, will be given every shot in camp, but will be hard pressed to pass Zboril (who has a year of AHL now) and Gryz who was one of the leagues best shot suppressors (albeit in a bottom pairing role) last season. Projects to be top pairing in Boston at some point and be a PK1 kind of guy. No expectations for PP time and its assumed he spend some time in AHL this year to get used to the smaller ice.

Zboril is the most rawly talented of the Bruins young D. Spent the first half of his AHL season playing it very very very safe, but started to really turn it on at the end of the year. Another smooth skating d-man. Has some real nasty in his game and can contribute offensively. Has had issues with selfish play and brain farts in the past. Looks more like a PP2 and PK2 all around 2nd pairing kind of guy more than true first pairing.

Coming out of the draft, Lauzon was described as splitting the difference between Zboril (lots of high end talent) and Carlo (big defensive D). He is big (but not Carlo big), can move the puck and can skate (but not like Zboril). Another PP2 and PK2 all around kinda guy. Better IQ than Zboril, but has had injuries that drag down his star. One of those guys that coming out of camp last year was getting buzz but is a little forgotten amongst the fan base now because he got hurt and the Bruins have a lot of prospects (top 5 system according to Hockey News, and this is after McAvoy, DeBrusk and Heinen were counted as graduated, but including Donato and Bjork).

Matt Grzyleck is a great skater. Undersized. Top end at closing in the neutral zone and cutting of entry with his skating (at least against the 3rd and 4th liners he matched up against). Was one of the top Corsi and GAA d-men in the NHL last year, but, again, against bottom pairing guys. He was McAvoy's partner some in college and the two look good when McAvoy takes a couple extra shifts while Chara takes a break post PK. Obvious questions about his ceiling given his size and lack of real impact in the offensive zone.

They are all LD. If the Canucks really need a RD over a LD I don't think a deal makes sense unless the Bruins overpay (like the Vaak + Heinen + 2nd counter posted earlier) and I don't think they do that. If the Canucks didn't care about LD vs RD I think there could have been something here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad