Proposal: Boston adds 7 players {Arizona, Columbus,Buffalo}

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
You're thinking of Steve Montador whose last season was 11-12.

AZ, easy no, makes no sense for them.

CBJ & BUF, also no.

Put yourself in the shoes of the opposing teams GM & maybe your future trade(s) will make more sense, or at least within reason. ie, AZ trade: 1D+1LW (former recent MVP) + 1G for a pile of extras/crap & a few decent pieces??

if your trade was flipped:

McAvoy+Pastrnak+Rask for dog doo, more dog doo-doo, dried cat turd, some clorox wipes to clean up the dog doo, Zboril, DeBrusk etc. + $6M+ more caphit/salary??

Last edited:
Reactions: seagull

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Even a two year old knows the sense and sensibility of these proposals....

disgusted-girl.jpg

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
You're thinking of Steve Montador whose last season was 11-12.

AZ, easy no, makes no sense for them.

CBJ & BUF, also no.

Put yourself in the shoes of the opposing teams GM & maybe your future trade(s) will make more sense, or at least within reason. ie, AZ trade: 1D+1LW (former recent MVP) + 1G for a pile of extras/crap & a few decent pieces??

if your trade was flipped:

McAvoy+Pastrnak+Rask for dog doo, more dog doo-doo, dried cat turd, some clorox wipes to clean up the dog doo, Zboril, DeBrusk etc. + $6M+ more caphit/salary??

Trades happen because of motivation... So you got to guess at the motivation. You and me have seen 100s of trades where we instantly think the GM should have been fired... But that's motivation for you.

We see it in all sports but we've never before see the covid effect

We don't really know how it effects the financial health of owners private wealth. We also don't know if teams that had a hard time selling tickets before will bounce back to normal as easily as some teams in traditionally strong markets

We just don't know...but we can listen... And we can learn from history

When Boston traded Joe Thornton... It was a motivated trade.

My trades were unrealistically too big and too bold. Almost never do trades involve that many moving parts. I don't expect to see my trades

But the pieces I mention on the other teams I do expect to move. I will be surprised if my offers weren't very ballpark. We will have to see

I love this trade forum because 90% of the reaction to real trades is how team A schooled team B. The active posters here rarely agree with real gms
What true value was for trades

Complain who our team drafted... Which free agents we signed and didn't sign... It just proves we really don't know what our team is really doing

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
there was no need to tell us that you are a Bruins fan...........I think it is time for you to get a job.........

Reactions: seagull

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
Sorry but when they traded Joe Thornton as well as Tyler Sequin they there both stupid trades and not motivational trades. Those were desperate trades with zero thinking behind it. Stick to simple trades like one at a time.

Trades happen because of motivation... So you got to guess at the motivation. You and me have seen 100s of trades where we instantly think the GM should have been fired... But that's motivation for you.

We see it in all sports but we've never before see the covid effect

We don't really know how it effects the financial health of owners private wealth. We also don't know if teams that had a hard time selling tickets before will bounce back to normal as easily as some teams in traditionally strong markets

We just don't know...but we can listen... And we can learn from history

When Boston traded Joe Thornton... It was a motivated trade.

My trades were unrealistically too big and too bold. Almost never do trades involve that many moving parts. I don't expect to see my trades

But the pieces I mention on the other teams I do expect to move. I will be surprised if my offers weren't very ballpark. We will have to see

I love this trade forum because 90% of the reaction to real trades is how team A schooled team B. The active posters here rarely agree with real gms
What true value was for trades

Complain who our team drafted... Which free agents we signed and didn't sign... It just proves we really don't know what our team is really doing

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
ive heard some insider types saying he wont get qualified... that would be the main reason he might take less. also i dont think he qualifies for an automatic 10% imcrease. that only applies to a certain level.

goes to show you... insiders can be rightp just before for fun anyhow cause none of us are able to make the decesions for real

Buffalo can qualify Montour. It’s around $3.6M.

More likely buffalo trades him for a winger.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Buffalo can qualify Montour. It’s around $3.6M.

More likely buffalo trades him for a winger.

well... i think they should... but again i must say i dont make the decesions. my trade offer was based on the idea that there might be some truth to these rumors that he wouldnt be qualified.

i suppose we must wait and see what happens but i certainly would be willing to give buffalo something for him if they were planning on just walking away from him.

its not my plans to walk away... i would hope he likes boston better than buffalo due to a chance to win and re-establish his good reputation. i would hope he would take the contract offer i intend to make with a second year of security.

but ultimately at the end of the day hes a very minor piece of my plan. if he stays in buffalo im ok with it

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
How is this thread still going and the Anaheim one got locked?

Both are a bunch of rubbish, but at least the Anaheim guy was willing to negotiate.

just as a comment... you are definitely not the only person that makes this type of comment. so for anyone inclined i will share this observation.

since you arent a moderator/owner here... you really have no skin in the game as far as what debates are going on. it doesnt cost you anything to host them. they dont effect your ad revenues. so your only real reason to promote censorship is you think you have some sort of god given right to decide what other people talk about

you seem unable to exercise a little bit of self control that most adults would have... and simply avoid a conversation you arent interested in. and then when you do inject yourself you offer absolutely nothing of value. you simply make an attempt to promote censorship.

is that really what you wanted to do? are you that person? think before you knee-jerk a response in the future. you are promoting an enviroment of intolerance. if you dont like what im saying then go ahead and tell me you dont like it but let other people make up their own minds. or better yet just exercise the very smallest amount of self control and censor yourself. put me on ignore if you wanted. i certainly wouldnt miss not having to see your participation here

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
well... i think they should... but again i must say i dont make the decesions. my trade offer was based on the idea that there might be some truth to these rumors that he wouldnt be qualified.

i suppose we must wait and see what happens but i certainly would be willing to give buffalo something for him if they were planning on just walking away from him.

its not my plans to walk away... i would hope he likes boston better than buffalo due to a chance to win and re-establish his good reputation. i would hope he would take the contract offer i intend to make with a second year of security.

but ultimately at the end of the day hes a very minor piece of my plan. if he stays in buffalo im ok with it

If he isn’t qualified he’s a UFA.

Buffalo isn’t cash strapped like other teams do it woukd be stupid for thrm to not qualify him because he still is worth something.

If they go to arbitration, Buffalo could neckline the offer.

Given their depth I do see them trading him for something like a winger. The value will be more than tabkescaps.

He’s a RD so he’d be available to those who lose out in Dumba.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If he isn’t qualified he’s a UFA.

Buffalo isn’t cash strapped like other teams do it woukd be stupid for thrm to not qualify him because he still is worth something.

If they go to arbitration, Buffalo could neckline the offer.

Given their depth I do see them trading him for something like a winger. The value will be more than tabkescaps.

He’s a RD so he’d be available to those who lose out in Dumba.

i guess the problem is a bit complicated... here in edmonton they discuss this alot

if you 'qualify' a rfa with the minimum offer... that guy doesnt need to accept the deal. but if he happens to have arbitration rights he now has the right to take the team to binding arbitration.

walkaway rights for arbitration rulings is either 4.5 ish million... or the second year of a 2 year deal...

so for arguments sake... montour or any other rfa gets their qualifyer... then goes to arbitration... wins... gets a 4.5 mill deal... now the team might be really screwed

this seems to be more of a factor this year according to some of the insiders than its been in past years.

of course, the trade-off is that rfa have historically wanted to have more say over where they play... and young kids that dont have their financial futures guaranteed yet have been known to take less money on 2 and 3 year deals than they might on a 1 year deal because they do worry about financial security.

all i know is i keep hearing anathsou in edmonton and montour in buffalo headline a group of rfa whose home team might be willing to let walk to ufa rather than risk making qualifyer offers.

as a bruin fan... i like montour and would attempt to get his rights and try to sweet talk him into taking less... i might not qualify him myself... but i would offer the second year to get his contract down.

im not saying this guy sucks... im saying id offer buffalo more for him then just letting him walk out the door for free

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
i guess the problem is a bit complicated... here in edmonton they discuss this alot

if you 'qualify' a rfa with the minimum offer... that guy doesnt need to accept the deal. but if he happens to have arbitration rights he now has the right to take the team to binding arbitration.

walkaway rights for arbitration rulings is either 4.5 ish million... or the second year of a 2 year deal...

so for arguments sake... montour or any other rfa gets their qualifyer... then goes to arbitration... wins... gets a 4.5 mill deal... now the team might be really screwed

this seems to be more of a factor this year according to some of the insiders than its been in past years.

of course, the trade-off is that rfa have historically wanted to have more say over where they play... and young kids that dont have their financial futures guaranteed yet have been known to take less money on 2 and 3 year deals than they might on a 1 year deal because they do worry about financial security.

all i know is i keep hearing anathsou in edmonton and montour in buffalo headline a group of rfa whose home team might be willing to let walk to ufa rather than risk making qualifyer offers.

as a bruin fan... i like montour and would attempt to get his rights and try to sweet talk him into taking less... i might not qualify him myself... but i would offer the second year to get his contract down.

im not saying this guy sucks... im saying id offer buffalo more for him then just letting him walk out the door for free

Buffalo is open to trade him.

They have 5 RHD in JokihsrjuJokiharju, ristolainen, Miller, Montour, and Borgen. Borgen in final ELC yr and can go to Rochester but he is 24 yrs old. I do t recall his birthday but he coukd be a group 6 UFA if he doesn’t play enough games. Buffalo might be interested in using him as s bottom D and Miller as 7th.

That means Montour is likely the odd man out because Sabres HC loves Risto.

Buffalo can easily QO him and then trade him. New team could then sign him to a 1 yr thrn expose him in ED then sign him to an extension.i

The idea of not QO him are bloggers looking for clickbait. The ones who don’t get QO Are replaceable no names who are AHL/NHL tweeters and low leve Dmen who need to be replaces because team has graduating AHL p,Ayer taking his spot.

I think there is slot of demand on Montour who can’t get PA or Dumba.

I also think there could be a min-buf deal where Montour goes to Minnesota and a F comes back. The deal balanced out the MoJo-Staal difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad