Newsday: Bossy joining Hockey Night Live on MSG?

scott99

May 13, 2005
Great to see, MSG will also be broadcasting the Barclays pre season game against the Devils

Actually they will be broadcasting THREE exhibition games. I wonder if this is the influence of the new owners ? Bossy signed to the broadcast team and exhibition games being broadcasted. Also, I wonder if this is an audition for Bossy to join the booth with Howie ? Let's face it, Butchie is great in the studio, but awful in the booth. Maybe do a switch next season ?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Actually they will be broadcasting THREE exhibition games. I wonder if this is the influence of the new owners ? Bossy signed to the broadcast team and exhibition games being broadcasted. Also, I wonder if this is an audition for Bossy to join the booth with Howie ? Let's face it, Butchie is great in the studio, but awful in the booth. Maybe do a switch next season ?

I think MSG feels the Isles will have a good year? Also it is the last year that Coli. MSG has done a lot for the Isles this year, the upgrade to Shannon Hogan I am really excited about.

scott99

May 13, 2005
about time we have some representation. I've never watched that show because it was all former rangers and devils

Actually, Ken Daneyko is always pretty respectful of the Islanders. Duguay doesn't bash them either. Billy Jaffe is on that show occasionally as well, I hope the Bossy signing doesn't mean he won't be on the show any more. Jaffe is one of my favorite hockey analysts.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
Isn't he employed by the Islanders? is that conflict or a problem of any kind?
I always thought the idea was to have someone with a stake in the team. Maloney/Duguay were both former NYR and Daneyko was a former NJD. Goring started off with MSG doing HNL.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Actually, Ken Daneyko is always pretty respectful of the Islanders. Duguay doesn't bash them either. Billy Jaffe is on that show occasionally as well, I hope the Bossy signing doesn't mean he won't be on the show any more. Jaffe is one of my favorite hockey analysts.

Sure. I have nothing against those guys. But it was a disgrace the network that airs our games couldn't have one former Isles player on the panel.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Best thing about Bossy being there is hes a legend. The way they used to treat Buchie I think they come at Bossy with a bit more respect.

Ziggy16

Mar 1, 2005
daneyko is moving to the devils booth full time with cangelosi this year.. he wont be on the HNL panel anymore

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Sure. I have nothing against those guys. But it was a disgrace the network that airs our games couldn't have one former Isles player on the panel.

With you on that. I didn't "not watch" but I always thought they could have put an Islander up there. Nothing against Danekyo, Duguay or Jaffe - who I like perfectly well, but having Bossy there makes it feel homier.

Bossyfan71

Lets Go Islanders!
Oct 29, 2012
The Bronx
I would love to see Bossy on HNL. Pat Flatley was on a few times this season, but ever since Butchy left, there hasn't been any Islanders representation on the show. I hope this happens.

Mike

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
about time we have some representation. I've never watched that show because it was all former rangers and devils

Totally agree, I have watched and have Duguay or Maloney openly slanting for the Rags and Kenny D slanting for the Devils with little to nothing for the Isles, it makes it very difficult to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad