Attachments

• 038F9A39-C0AE-4221-97EF-850F1EF34362.jpeg
    038F9A39-C0AE-4221-97EF-850F1EF34362.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Like the hat actually, it just doesn't go with a hokey sweater, lol.
I'm pretty sure that's the hat the RCMP wear

To answer random questions

1) Yes Byron savef someone from drowning last year
2) Habs don't pick Michkov for many reasons. a) we need guys who will be in NA. There's absolutely no guarantee he ever leaves Russia. b) he's signed to a deal in the khl. Russia, historically, isn't that keen on letting go of players in their league. c) no matter what anyone else says, the geopolitical situation with Russia is a huge problem for Russia players. Sports are always tied with politics, it would be a pr nightmare to pick a Russian in Montreal.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
oh boy, just saw the highlights -- lotta gift goals to the Bruins.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
It's been a long 2 years boys and girls... we got 1OA last year... we did our best this year... hopefully we get 1st or 2nd this year and then I hope we're cheering for wins next year.

But, that being said, there is no better group to be tanking with than all you fine folk! You all have made these past 2 seasons bearable and fun! Let's keep cheering and being hopefully gor the lottery! Go Habs go!

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
5th OA.

I'll take it.

1 to 4 are TANK MASTERS so, honestly, great outcome.
Them 4 teams are so far from being good again it must be discouraging for their fans.

We had a shitty year with all the injuries and breaking in all them youngins but we do have a LOT to work with. The AHL team next year will be bursting with talent. We've seen what we had in the pipe and the future looks much better than for them.

Dach is really taking off.
RHP is a lock.
Matheson can really fly and is better than anticipated.
Guhle, Xhekaj, Harris did really good.
Barron is ready.
Kovacevic can hold on to 6d I'm ok with it.
Heineman is more likely than not going to play a good amount of nhl games.
Motormouth is reaching a solid maturity.
We know for sure Caufield CAN score 40.
Big dick Nick is the real deal.
Ylonen is'nt bad at all on a 3rd line and can likely give more.
Pezz got playing after a slow start, he is what he is but that is what a 4th line player is.

Dang, Condotta can replace effectively on the 4th line.
Belzile is a great captain for the Rocket and not looking bad on emergency call up too.
Richard is good on call up like Belzile. Even Teasdale showed he's no slouch at that level.

Comming up for eval in the AHL are Roy, Mesar, Farell, Strubble, Kidney, Mailloux, Beck, Dobes... heads are gonna roll in Laval this summer.

Aaaand... we're getting rid of Drouin, Byron on end of contract. Trading this summer probably Edmunson and hopefully Armia/Gallagher/Hoffman.

Now, considering all that, and the fact that Hugues is likely one of the best gm we had in ages and MSL likely a great coach Free Agents will want to play under, we're much more likely to be 15-20th place next year and grow the right way than any of these 4 super tankers...

I'm eager for the draft and to see the moves coming up. this sh*t is better than any tv serie ;)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Last night wasn't Montembeault's best game.

He still has things to improve on.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It just started.

Dach, Caufield, Farrell, Guhle, Xhekaj, Harris, Barron, Slafkovsky...

Mailloux, Beck, Mesar, Hudson, Engstrom (whatever his name is) coming...
This upcoming draft...

Give it another 2-3 years and we'll be in great shape. Just Montambeault/Primeau I'm not sold on.
Or 3 to 4 years. It's gonna be progressive. One after the other one the temporary plugs will be gone. Hugo will have to be a genious to get rid of Hoff, Arm and Dvo. Or we have to wait until the very last game, the very last minutes of these plugs with the Habs, just like Drou last night. They take the place of youngs who could get experience. But I know they will have ice time because of injuries. The management will give extra time for these plugs to recover.

I'm not sold on all the names you quoted. Or it's too soon to get excited. We'll see. There is a difference between a good prospect and a legit nhl player. And a difference between a legit nhler and a better than average nhler. I think Hugo will have to make some trades in 2 or 3 years to adress some flaws in the line-up and the goalie position comes first in mind.

Reactions: Runner77

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Carlsson likely go 3 or 4. MTL can't draft 3 or 4. If Habs draft at 2, I don't know why they are going to take Carlsson over Fantilli. I'm a big fan of Carlsson aswell.

I think we had our fair share of failures drafting 1st rounders from US universities

Michkov 2nd, Fatelli third... is it worth trading our 2 x 1sts to move one spot?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad