Proposal: BOS - PIT

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Heinen is struggling this season, but this trade doesn't make sense from a Bruins perspective. No point in selling him at his lowest. But even if the Bruins were looking to move him, thats not enough coming from Pitts.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Heinen is struggling this season, but this trade doesn't make sense from a Bruins perspective. No point in selling him at his lowest. But even if the Bruins were looking to move him, thats not enough coming from Pitts.
That's fair. Is Bjork better on the left or right?

Last edited:

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
While I understand the want for the balancing of the top 9 from RW to LW. I really do not see another trade happening unless it is to shake up the back end. Like Sprong + Maatta for a Dman better than Maatta. And I am not a Maatta hater, in fact quite the opposite. I think he is a legit NHL defenseman, I just think he is the odd man out on defense if we want to improve it. And also we just swapped a LW for a LW. I just do not see another trade at forward for another forward happening again unless one of the top 3 (Kessel, Guentzel, Hornqvist) wingers goes down with a months long injury.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
This would interest me. Both have the potential, neither has shown much more than flashes of it yet, could be a good change of scenery trade.
Is it still a change of scenery even though their jersey colors won't change? :sarcasm:

I don't hate a Bjork for Sprong swap. Value is definitely there. I just can't help but feel like it's a trade for the sake of a trade.

Is Sprong more of a pass first or shoot first guy?

Reactions: NDiesel

37Bergenov14

Jul 14, 2016
Doesn't necessarily thrill me (would rather target a more established RW rather than swap for another project/prospect), but seems pretty fair in value.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Count me out on Sprong.

While Bjork has struggled this year, he has shown that he has a strong two way game. Sprong's game is lacking in some really fundamental ways. His play away from the puck is extremely weak. Love hios offensive upside, but with Bjork the floor is pretty well-established.

Reactions: Flannelman

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Any possible deal based around Rust for Gryz?

I like Rust, but for Gryz? Not likely.

His cap hit is a bit high for what he gives you. He has also benefitted with playing with superb PIT forwards over the years. He wouldn't get that in BOS, if they keep him in his appropriate role. On top of that, the Bruins already have plenty of emerging middle 6 forwards in their pool. Most importantly, Matt Grzelcyk continues to save Boston's butt on the back-end at a very cap friendly figure. Gryz is a pretty important player for Boston, not only because of their injury woes, but because he continues to get better.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I like Rust, but for Gryz? Not likely.

His cap hit is a bit high for what he gives you. He has also benefitted with playing with superb PIT forwards over the years. He wouldn't get that in BOS, if they keep him in his appropriate role. On top of that, the Bruins already have plenty of emerging middle 6 forwards in their pool. Most importantly, Matt Grzelcyk continues to save Boston's butt on the back-end at a very cap friendly figure. Gryz is a pretty important player for Boston, not only because of their injury woes, but because he continues to get better.

Gotcha. I just know both teams have a logjam at each other’s position of need. RW for us, LD for Boston. Pens really need a mobile lefty puck mover, all of their bottom 4 defenders are more of the “stay at home” variety right now.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Gotcha. I just know both teams have a logjam at each other’s position of need. RW for us, LD for Boston. Pens really need a mobile lefty puck mover, all of their bottom 4 defenders are more of the “stay at home” variety right now.

Well, I mean...Gryz would likely be available for the right, but I don't think Rust is who the Bruins would look at.

What I canb tell you is that Gryz is an awesome puck-mover. He is really well-loved here in Boston. A lot of folks are pushing to trade Krug for a top 6 RW or #2C and that Gryz would replace Krug in the top 4. I am not sure how I feel about that - but it goes to show how much he is appreciated. What a good defender!

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

If you want a bottom pairing LD puck mover Schlemko would be available.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I noticed Reilly getting scratched recently. Is he available?

He's been our best LD all year, but for unknown reasons is in the coach's doghouse. If you ask the fans he's not available, if you were to ask the MTL front office you might get a different answer.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Interesting, Bruins could use a right handed RW. Both are young and could use a change of scenery. Bjork was coming on pretty good then they sat him before the Leaf game and he lost his edge.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
He's been our best LD all year, but for unknown reasons is in the coach's doghouse. If you ask the fans he's not available, if you were to ask the MTL front office you might get a different answer.
I really liked what I saw early in the season from him. Looked like a legit 1st pairing dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad