Trade: [BOS/OKC] Kemba Walker, 2021 1st, 2025 2nd for Al Horford, Moses Brown, 2023 2nd

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Seems like the relationship with Kemba had completely deteriorated. Horford is a better fit position-wise, but like Kemba isn't the same player he used to be. Boston saves $9M a year, but is it really worth the 16th overall pick? Just feels like an emotional move to me.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Kemba's knees are shot. When you're 5"10 in a league of giants and the one asset you had in your speed is now gone...you're pretty much cooked.

Of course logic will mean nothing when Kemba averages 20 a game and gets flipped for a 2045 first, as Presti does.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Seems like the relationship with Kemba had completely deteriorated. Horford is a better fit position-wise, but like Kemba isn't the same player he used to be. Boston saves $9M a year, but is it really worth the 16th overall pick? Just feels like an emotional move to me.

moses brown is decent player and plays the position where celtics' biggest weakness is. also horford's contracts final year is only partially guaranteed.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
how does this trade make any sense for boston? brown is a nice add, but they already have thompson and williams down low plus horford now as well

OKC will flip walker to a contender for more picks at the deadline next year

Reactions: Voight

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
How many 1st round picks does OKC have over the next 5 years again?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Not sure I understand that 1st round pick going out the door from Boston’s perspective.
Seems very amateurish from Boston’s GM

I mean it is already a forgone conclusion the Kemba plays well in OKC with SGA and they flip him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not sure I understand that 1st round pick going out the door from Boston’s perspective.
Seems very amateurish from Boston’s GM

I mean it is already a forgone conclusion the Kemba plays well in OKC with SGA and they flip him.

Well.... their GM is an amateur after all.

Good move by OKC. Whether they keep him or flip him, they got a very good PG for cheap & a 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad