BOS High School Hockey Player Seriously Hurt During Game

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Bishop Feehan Hockey Player AJ Quetta Seriously Hurt During Game
By CBSBoston.com Staff
January 27, 2021 at 11:59 pm

ATTLEBORO (CBS) – Bishop Feehan High School is rallying around a hockey player injured on the ice Tuesday night. Senior AJ Quetta was playing for the Shamrocks against Pope Francis in West Springfield when he crashed headfirst into the boards.

Bishop Feehan President Tim Sullivan said his teammates and opposing players got together after the game to show their support.

“It was a long delay when AJ was injured and the kids went back out and skated again and I’m sure that second half was, for everybody, pretty emotional,” Sullivan said. “Then at the end of the game to have them circle up for AJ, was pretty special.”

The senior center was taken to Baystate Medical Center after the injury that occurred on a fairly routine looking play, lying motionless until a stretcher took him from the ice.

A GoFundMe page for the 18-year-old indicates that this accident threatens to leave him paralyzed. ...

Read & See more at: Bishop Feehan Hockey Player AJ Quetta Seriously Hurt During Game

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Yesterday's update from Boston 25 News ...
Donations pour in for Bishop Feehan hockey player seriously injured during game
By: Julianne Lima, Boston 25 News
Updated: January 28, 2021 - 11:47 AM

... “The entire Feehan community is thinking only about A.J. today as school begins,” (Bishop Feehan High School President Tim) Sullivan said in an interview live on Boston 25 News Thursday morning. “We’re just rooting for A.J. We know he’s strong and we’re sure he’s fighting right now.”

A.J.’s sister told Boston 25 News he underwent surgery Wednesday night and the procedure went well.

Meanwhile, donations are pouring in to support the teenager’s recovery and his mounting medical bills.
As of Thursday morning, a GoFundMe page had raised nearly $300,000.

The Greg Hill Foundation is also raising money for A.J., pledging to match up to $10,000 in donations. Patriots owner Robert Kraft vowed to match up to $25,000 in donations.

The Boston Bruins released a statement on Twitter Wednesday night that reads, “The Boston Bruins are sending best wishes to Bishop Feehan hockey player A.J. Quetta. We are keeping A.J., his family, and the Bishop Feehan community in our hearts during this very difficult time.” ...

And the Boston Herald reported the Bruins' organization responses with donations & tributes.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Latest update, from WJAR-NBC 10 News ...
Family says injured Bishop Feehan hockey player is moving to rehab center
by NBC 10 NEWS
Friday, February 12th 2021

BOSTON (WJAR) — The family of North Providence's AJ Quetta, the Bishop Feehan hockey player who suffered a spinal cord injury in a recent game, said Friday he's being transferred to a rehab center next week

His parents said in a release that Quetta will be going from Massachusetts General Hospital to (Shepherd Center) in Atlanta, Georgia, on Monday....
Shepherd Center is where the late Travis Roy went to receive his initial rehab therapy. They have a very good reputation for spinal cord injury treatment.

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Only On 10: North Providence's AJ Quetta talks about his ongoing treatment

by FRANK CARPANO, NBC 10 NEWS
Thursday, April 29th 2021

For the first time, A.J. Quetta, a North Providence native and the Bishop Feehan High School hockey player who suffered a spinal cord injury in a game earlier this year, talks about his ongoing treatment in Atlanta, and the support he's received from all over the country. ...

"I'm doing well. I'm working out in the gym, three hours a day. I'm eating good food," A.J. Quetta said "I'm sleeping well at night. Things have gotten a lot better than has been previously, so I'm glad I'm finally in the swing of things here at (Atlanta's Shepherd Center), but can't wait to come home." ...

Read, See & Hear more at: Only on 10: North Providence's AJ Quetta talks about his ongoing treatment

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad