Proposal: Bos-Dal

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Cheaper? Factoring contract, age and injuries, probably. And I think there might be *some* appetite to explore a trade on Dallas' end, mostly due to there being some concerns that he's not as good after some of his injuries he's had (Stars fans would be much more well-versed on this than me).... but then they're out a 1C.

And I'm pretty skeptical that a Bs management group that's still largely intact from originally shipping him out would willingly explore bringing him back, even though he's definitely matured and grown as a player since

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Cheaper? Factoring contract, age and injuries, probably. And I think there might be *some* appetite to explore a trade on Dallas' end, mostly due to there being some concerns that he's not as good after some of his injuries he's had (Stars fans would be much more well-versed on this than me).... but then they're out a 1C.

And I'm pretty skeptical that a Bs management group that's still largely intact from originally shipping him out would willingly explore bringing him back, even though he's definitely matured and grown as a player since

Sweeney was the person in Bruins leadership who was notably not on board with the move, so I think that wouldn’t be an issue.

Seguin and Hall would be fun, but I just don’t see the Bruins having the right pieces to make Dallas happy.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
That ship has sailed and when it reached its location the ship was burned as far as the Bruins are concerned.

Besides, if a #2 center can't be had for a package that would be Debrusk, Gryzzy, and some prospects then it aint gonna happen and it would not get Tyler Seguin.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
The Bruins need a 2C... but injuries aside, Seguin's a 1c sporting a hefty price tag (in trade and otherwise). I just can't fathom the Bruins have what it takes to land him, afford him - or that Dallas would want to part with him at this stage of the arc of their organization.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The Bruins need a 2C... but injuries aside, Seguin's a 1c sporting a hefty price tag (in trade and otherwise). I just can't fathom the Bruins have what it takes to land him, afford him - or that Dallas would want to part with him at this stage of the arc of their organization.
Boston only has 1.1mil left in cap and probably 2.75mil to LTIR Moore, so that does not leave any room for Seguin’s price tag.

Boston already has 4 C’s. 1C Bergeron, 2C Coyle, 3C Haula, 4C Lazar plus Foligno and Nosek can fill in at center if needs be. Boston also has Studnicka in the minors as well, Boston should pass on Seguin as a trade option.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Boston only has 1.1mil left in cap and probably 2.75mil to LTIR Moore, so that does not leave any room for Seguin’s price tag.

Boston already has 4 C’s. 1C Bergeron, 2C Coyle, 3C Haula, 4C Lazar plus Foligno and Nosek can fill in at center if needs be. Boston also has Studnicka in the minors as well, Boston should pass on Seguin as a trade option.

Lol pretty sure lazar isnt blocking seguin

Reactions: Wiggleboom

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Jake Debrusk = Loui Eriksson
Anton Blidh = Matt Fraser
Karson Kuhlman = Reilly Smith
Jack Ahcan = Joe Morrow

for
Tyler Seguin = Tyler Seguin
Blake Comeau = Rich Peverly

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
It doesn’t make sense at all for Dallas to trade Seguin. They are trying to make a run with some older players, and trading arguably their best forward isn’t the best way to do that.

I`d argue that Hintz is their best forward already. And a 1C

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

Ever heard of this guy? And this was playing injured:

Roope HintzGPGAP+/-PIMDallas Stars 4115284313453568.1058.507.4055.703.601.012.58
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
The Stars have visions of making a Cup run this season, so they'd want back a forward who is better than Seguin, which makes the trade pointless. Check back next season when the team may be doing a retool (depending on how many expiring veterans leave).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad