Waived: [BOS] D Jakub Zboril waived by the Bruins (cleared)

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Excellent post, agree with all of your points, but if you keep being logical, you'll be in trouble here. ;););)

Zboril was the next highest-rated dman when it was Boston's turn and he was taken where he was projected.

Rumor was that Edmonton was picking Senyshyn with the pick following the 3 Boston picks, and they then traded the pick to the Islanders. Rumor was that Toronto was very high on him and was taking him with their next pick.
I've never seen that anywhere. Eriksson Ek was widely reported at the time to be the Oilers pick if they hadn't traded it.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kind of surprised nobody took a flyer on a big guy with some draft pedigree, given some of the other filler that teams have scooped up, or are employing due to various injuries around the league, etc. But he really just hasn't done enough to establish that he's an everyday NHLer, so...in that sense, i guess it's not really surprising that he'd clear.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Kind of surprised nobody took a flyer on a big guy with some draft pedigree, given some of the other filler that teams have scooped up, or are employing due to various injuries around the league, etc. But he really just hasn't done enough to establish that he's an everyday NHLer, so...in that sense, i guess it's not really surprising that he'd clear.
I for sure wish the Wild had grabbed him, we straight up just need the bodies right now and have two future bottom pair and possibly one #4 spot up for grabs in the back half and next year. Maybe the internal issues took them out of play but feels like a missed opportunity for a free shot.

Reactions: biturbo19

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I've never seen that anywhere. Eriksson Ek was widely reported at the time to be the Oilers pick if they hadn't traded it.
Well, could be, but he was available with their pick, so why trade it when they were on the clock at the draft? It's not like they got a great deal in receiving Griffin Reinhart.

McRpro

Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Well, could be, but he was available with their pick, so why trade it when they were on the clock at the draft? It's not like they got a great deal in receiving Griffin Reinhart.
....because Griffin himself was a, thought to be, ready for the NHL former #4 overall pick? :huh:

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
....because Griffin himself was a, thought to be, ready for the NHL former #4 overall pick? :huh:
I thought Griffin was already trending toward bust territory by then because the dude couldn’t skate. I recall the scuttlebutt at the time being the Isles were giddy to make that deal because they knew Reinhart had no future in the league.

McRpro

Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I thought Griffin was already trending toward bust territory by then because the dude couldn’t skate. I recall the scuttlebutt at the time being the Isles were giddy to make that deal because they knew Reinhart had no future in the league.
Certainly some of the luster had come off Reinhart by the time that trade was made. I do recall Snow saying in an interview that he wouldn't have made the trade if Barzal wasn't available. IIRC the Isles had him 5th(ish) on their draft list. A lot of Oilers fans questioned the deal at the time because he was yet another left handed Dman when the Oilers were desperate for a righty.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
People talk to each other behind the scenes, and am assuming what they said didn't help.

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
People talk to each other behind the scenes, and am assuming what they said didn't help.

Entirely possible that this played into it. I do recall there were some questions about his commitment level, and some sort of rumblings about videogames surrounding Zboril at one point? But it seemed like that was mostly behind him. Who knows though. :dunno: There's certainly always a lot of stuff that goes on behind the curtain that we as fans, are mostly ignorant of...unless it becomes a flagrant often repeated issue (Vrana for example where it's guaranteed to be an attitude, commitment issue that saw him clear).

Reactions: mjhfb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad