Proposal: Bos-Cal

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Ummmm yup. I feel like you're paying a lot for unrealized potential as a Bruins fan.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bored before work

to Boston: Sam Bennett, Noah Hanifin
to Calgary: 2021 1st 2022 2nd Jake Debrusk, Vaak and Clifton or Grizz
Mr. Bored you should not drink before work that is a pathetic proposal . Bennett has passed 30 pts in a season once , and he is a center and the Bruins have two centers playing the wing now . Hanifan plus minus career is a disaster. And in return you want a top six forward, a dman who is now on the power play , two other dmen and two high draft picks WOW !!!!...........Get to work now.

Reactions: Bruhin

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
Grzelcyk is a step too far and the Bruins would be unable to protect a fourth defenseman from expansion without him going back. I believe this is a pretty significant overpayment from Boston while not exactly solving any of the Flames' pressing issues (maybe a top-6 fprward?).

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Noah looks to have taken a step from the intersquad and season opener.
21 minutes 5on5, buried in the defensive zone, against top competition.

He ended up a positive possession player, with 1GF and non against. It's only one game, I understand, but really, to me, the only reason Calgary moves on from Hanifin is if someone wants to upgrade our centre position (along with other pieces).

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

He ended up a positive possession player, with 1GF and non against. It's only one game, I understand, but really, to me, the only reason Calgary moves on from Hanifin is if someone wants to upgrade our centre position (along with other pieces).
Yes he was good last night, but it is one game. I still think he is a middle pairing guy making 5M per. He's been a bit frustrating because he has 1st pairing physical tools, but never seems to get there. Good lord did Lucic look awful last night. It was painful to watch.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

There's something slightly different in a good way in how Hanifin plays paired with Tanev. Some of this might be the off season talk in how he wanted to develop, some of it might be better chemistry with Tanev... either way, I like it.

Not ready to move on from Hanifin yet unless it's a deal we cannot say no to, but I can also kinda see why someone might be interested in prying him out while his value hasn't increased yet. He's super young and still developing.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Mr. Bored you should not drink before work that is a pathetic proposal . Bennett has passed 30 pts in a season once , and he is a center and the Bruins have two centers playing the wing now . Hanifan plus minus career is a disaster. And in return you want a top six forward, a dman who is now on the power play , two other dmen and two high draft picks WOW !!!!...........Get to work now.

I’m actually a Bruins fan.

I also don’t drink so

riiiight

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yes he was good last night, but it is one game. I still think he is a middle pairing guy making 5M per. He's been a bit frustrating because he has 1st pairing physical tools, but never seems to get there. Good lord did Lucic look awful last night. It was painful to watch.

Yeah, like I said, it's still early.
But he's a guy who still isn't in his defensive prime, and.. honestly, outside of that abysmal 2019-2020 season stapled to Hamonic he's been a good Flames. His 18/19 season was fine, and the playoffs last year were really good in general.

If he took an extra step, can't see Calgary wanting to move him. Not unless people want to upgrade us somewhere mightily. We don't have any players that can pick up that slack he'll leave behind quite yet.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ledge And Dairy

Yeah, like I said, it's still early.
But he's a guy who still isn't in his defensive prime, and.. honestly, outside of that abysmal 2019-2020 season stapled to Hamonic he's been a good Flames. His 18/19 season was fine, and the playoffs last year were really good in general.

If he took an extra step, can't see Calgary wanting to move him. Not unless people want to upgrade us somewhere mightily. We don't have any players that can pick up that slack he'll leave behind quite yet.
Agreed, as high as I am on Valimaki (and he did look decent out there last night) he's not as good as Hanifin yet.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Bored before work

to Boston: Sam Bennett, Noah Hanifin
to Calgary: 2021 1st 2022 2nd Jake Debrusk, Vaak and Clifton or Grizz

Hanifin vs Debrusk is close, i give the edge to the dman
Bennett vs 2nd and Vaak slight edge to Bennett
1st + Grizz/Clifton makes it an overpayment
Calgary can refill their cupboard on the go, but loses their closest Gio replacement(i don't think he is, but if Vali falters hes the closest one), no needs are being filled here for Calgary's side so im going with a no here, wish Debrusk was a C cause then it'd be much better for the Flames side

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Bennett is not worth a first, and thats coming from someone who thinks picks get overrated in value on this site
I'm a Flames fan and agree with you, but at the same time I wouldn't move him for less. I just want to let his story play out in Calgary. Him at his best is exactly what our team needs. The problem is he's only at his best 10 regular season games and in the playoffs each year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad