Claimed off Waivers: [BOS] Bruins claim Jarred Tinordi off waivers from the Predators

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
There is nothing smart about bringing in a guy that can't play.

He can likely play 15 minutes on the 3rd pair while forcing the issue or escalating a game where Pastrnak and Marchand are being punished physically. When Miller returns, he sits. Currently the Bruins only have Ritchie and Frederic with Miller and Lauzon injured for toughness.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Warm body to put in there while we have 4 defensemen injured. He sucks, but maybe he can punch some people and get the fake crowd noise machine excited.
This isn’t far from the truth at the moment. That LD is getting pummelled out there right now.

Not their fault. They shouldn’t all be playing at the same time and certainly not slotted where they currently are.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Here's what I posted in our team thread:

I think he surprised us a lot last year after he took over a semi-regular spot. Admirals fans didn't like him in Milwaukee, but it seems like he looked better for us than he did for them. As long as he stays composed and plays within his limitations, he gave us a reasonable performance as a 3rd pair D. His size and reach are definite assets, and he's a tough player who will drop the gloves if called upon. However, it just seems like when he gets a little comfortable in the lineup, he loses his focus a bit, and then if he's chasing hits or thinking he can push the play a little more, he can have a bad game and get victimized by his lack of footspeed.

Dunno if he'll ultimately stick in the NHL or not, but I think the Preds just figured they've got the same thing in Harpur, and Harpur has been a little more poised so far, so no reason to keep both of them around.

Whatever Tinordi has been in his past, it seems to me he has "grown" a little bit with age. It still might not be enough for a career in the NHL, but he can log an adequate amount of bottom-pair icetime when he's on his game.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
It’s not a bad claim. He’s no worse than either currently on our bottom pair, and I might’ve kept him over one of them. Glad another team is giving him a shot.

Reactions: Over the volcano

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yikes. They miss Chara and his size.

I can’t believe Tinordi is almost 30. I remember when he was with the London Knights.
No one missed Chara until they lost Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Miller, and Moore all in a row to injury and now our 10th defenseman on the depth chart had to be called up and we have to go dumpster diving in the waiver wire to fill a spot until they get back to health again.

Reactions: Richard Lather

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad