Confirmed Trade: [BOS/ARI] Mike Callahan to BOS for a 2024 7th

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Callahan's a 2018 5th rounder with an okay NCAA career (awesome sophomore year and meh the rest of the time), so getting his rights for a 7th is worth it.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Bill Armstrong and John Ferguson Jr both have deep ties to the small world of high level hockey in Providence. Armstrong was based there for most of his scouting career, and got his post playing career start there. JFJR’s “second act”, post TML was largely in Providence. He spent the last half decade as the GM of the Providence Bruins.

So if the Friars captain is inexplicably traded out of the organization they run together, so that he can remain in Providence once he turns pro, you can bet there’s a reason for it. It may be a private reason. Maybe a family reason. But I’m sure there’s a very good reason why Callahan needs to be in Providence and not in Tucson next season.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Once in a while theres a trade like this where EVERYONE knew it was coming from a mile away. Most broadcasted trade before it happend Ive seen in a while :nod:

Reactions: Lindgren

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
They have so much cap space for next season its crazy
have to assume they will look to take on bad contracts for assets
might be tough hitting the cap floor through free agency for atleast good free agents atleast
Arizona with a whole lot of magic beans and not much else right now

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Are there some kind of stats around percentage of 7 rounders who have solid NHL careers (IE: over 200 games)?

My guess is somewhere between 1-3%?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Are there some kind of stats around percentage of 7 rounders who have solid NHL careers (IE: over 200 games)?

My guess is somewhere between 1-3%?
Out of curiosity I did some quick maths and from 10 drafts between 2008 and 2017, it's 18/300 players making the number 6%. However, I took slight liberty of counting in the players who haven't reached 200 games quite yet but undoubtedly will (Kubalik, Olofsson, Matt Roy). And considering I took fairly recent drafts it's likely that number will increase some more. Additionally, it's quite hard for goalies to reach 200 games played as it's like 8 seasons of being NHL backup. So at the end of the day, 7-8% of 7th rounders have a fairly meaningful NHL career.

Reactions: Sevendust

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Ha - and a bunch of " experts " here were saying that Dave would get at least a 3rd round pick plus a minor league Accountant. :shakehead

There's no such thing as a minor league accountant, only minor league journal entries.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
There's no such thing as a minor league accountant, only minor league journal entries.

What about the guy who did the false Madoff statements? That's beer league level accounting . . .

And minor league entries are the Isles on the Power Play

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The Coyotes now suddenly have as many picks in 2024 (12) as they have in 2022 (12).
Blues fans in particular are fascinated with this experiment because it's like an abstract where we don't have to suffer if it fails but we're really curious what Bill Armstrong will do with tons of picks. There is no way the Blues lift the Cup without Bill Armstrong, just no way.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Blues fans in particular are fascinated with this experiment because it's like an abstract where we don't have to suffer if it fails but we're really curious what Bill Armstrong will do with tons of picks. There is no way the Blues lift the Cup without Bill Armstrong, just no way.
Remember he brought in Tampa’s top scout Plandowski and Colorado’s top scout Hepple, too. And a plethora of additional top-notch, highly-regarded scouting and development people. These scouts all know eachother. Arizona has put together a dream-team scouting staff, and they’re attracting more and more talent. Especially given that they’re acquiring unheard numbers of picks to use. It’s like fantasy camp for scouting all-stars. They’re living their best lives right now in AZ.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad