Proposal: BOS and NYI

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Backes real dollars owed starting next year will match his performance. Very likely be a bargain.

Many teams care much more about dollars than cap

You watch a differnt eberle than i do the past 4 seasons. Ive never seen him be worth more than 60% of his caphit

But most teams contending care much more about cap dollars than dollars spent.

It's not good cap management to have an aging, declining, 3rd liner taking up $6m on the cap.

It just isn't.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Is New York Islanders a team that doesn’t care about cap hit?

Malkin& Ledecky have opened the checkbook. The days of Wang's cap floor tricks are over.
Does not matter that Backes salary will be lower then his ugly $6m caphit.

Isles already have too much $ tied up in the bottom 6.

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
i said the bruins would be foolish to do that so come off it. just like no one would take Backes who is finished as an effective player, the fact that you tried to pawn him off on us is why I said maybe if you added McAvoy. it was done specifically to emphasize how ridiculous the trade offer was.

Eberle is still an effective 2nd line Winger and in fact would have outscored all of your players except Marchand Pasternak and Bergeron. you arent getting him for a washed up salary dump like Backes, youre not even getting nelson for him, Youre stuck with Backes thats why the entire proposal was ridiculous. youd have to give us McAvoy to get us to take him

What part of Washed up salary dump dont you get?so laugh all you like, the Joke is on you, because youre stuck with Backes

I think you missed the point that it was more Krug for Eberle if it fit for both teams.....but again many people focus on what they want to and you seem to caught up in Backes - you posted that Nelson was more productive - which isnt true.....you then posted adding McAvoy which would be insanity....this conversation is dead.

No one denies Backes is older and has a bad contract - the simple fact remains you made comments that held no factual evidence or truth. Have a great day mate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad