Injury Report: Borocop

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
You can see Boro saying "I'm fine". Hopefully he stayed out because stiffness and precaution.

I cant read lips.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I don't think Tropp had any intention other than being aggressive. I think Boro made a mental mistake by turning at the last minute. His face going into the boards was half Tropp, half Boro not staying strong on his feet. I wish the best for him but I think he realizes he's part to blame on this.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
I don't think Tropp had any intention other than being aggressive. I think Boro made a mental mistake by turning at the last minute. His face going into the boards was half Tropp, half Boro not staying strong on his feet. I wish the best for him but I think he realizes he's part to blame on this.

Agreed.

Hope he is fine. Probably our most solid LD.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
Even if he said he was fine, he did get KOed and was slow getting back to reality. Definitely going to have to look at the possibility of a concussion.

Also I agree that Tropp was playing into Boro's shoulder but at the last minute Boro pivoted and turned his back... At that point Tropp really didn't have a chance to stop.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Why is no one talking about this hit? Tropp not only hit his number (although Boro did turn), it was a very bad hit, boarding, potentially charging.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Why is no one talking about this hit? Tropp not only hit his number (although Boro did turn), it was a very bad hit, boarding, potentially charging.

Make a thread on the main board and see what happens if you want entertainment. I think most of us understand that Boro turned at the last moment which made the hit a lot worse.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The hit deserved a minor penalty for boarding and that's it. Boro turned and made himself vulnerable. Each player needs to be more accountable for their own safety in this league.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Quantum... whether he turned or not, Tropp needs to let up a little bit. I have watched that hit a few times and whether or not Boro turns Tropp would have put him into the boards, which is either boarding or charging and depending on the situation both warrant 5.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Ya he could always pull a Ceci and publicly shame himself for turning his back...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Tough for his dad to see that...he was having quite the game up to that point.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Definitely a legit boarding call. Don't see anything coming more from it than the five and a game.

CBJ radio crew fully expected it to be such and it wasn't as bad as I thought they described it as once I saw it

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
he's ok fyi was held out more for precaution as they take head/neck injuries super seriously. he also may be held out a game or two due to stiffness of his neck and the fact we're carrying an extra d just to give him a few days to ensure he's 100% he was not concussed

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country
Given what had transpired in the game up to that point, the apparent injury, and the appearance of a charge, 5 minutes was the appropriate call.

That should be the end of it, no suspension.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
he's ok fyi was held out more for precaution as they take head/neck injuries super seriously. he also may be held out a game or two due to stiffness of his neck and the fact we're carrying an extra d just to give him a few days to ensure he's 100% he was not concussed

Source ?

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
If they could find a way to even the boards and the glass on the playing surface side there wouldn't be a wooden ledge for guys to hit their chin on. Barring that that they could put a narrow pad on the edge where the two pieces meet. That could prevent cuts and minimize facial injuries.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Quantum... whether he turned or not, Tropp needs to let up a little bit. I have watched that hit a few times and whether or not Boro turns Tropp would have put him into the boards, which is either boarding or charging and depending on the situation both warrant 5.

I'm okay with 5 and game being called by the letter of the law, as Boro was injured (I have issues with that rule on its own). But definitely no suspension or anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00