Boring Thread | Need a new office chair

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
For those of you who frequent the office/home office, I need a new chair.

I'll get the obvious stuff out of the way - I don't prefer a chair with a dildo strapped to the cushion to enter my bottom. But I appreciate the sentiment + effort anyway. Not my cup of tea.

My current options are:

Aeron - 1 Herman Miller Fully Loaded Size B Aeron Chairs - Open Box - 695976379818 | eBay

Mirra 2 - Herman Miller Mirra 2 Task Chair: Tilt Limiter - FlexFront Adj Seat Depth - Adj | eBay

Steelcase Leap v2 - New Steelcase Leap Chair Adjustable V2 Buzz2 Black Fabric Desk Seat Black Frame | eBay

Autonomous E2 - Ergonomic chairs: Best ergonomic office chair for your workplace

Obviously, I'd like to spend less. I've read mixed things about the E2. I'm willing to do a buy it for life type of purchase if that's the best options.

What do you desk surfing virgins use daily?

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I spend roughly 8 to 10 hours a day in my home office sitting, and personally, I cant use any chair without padding. The mesh types just destroy me and not comfortable. It may seem generic but I picked one of these with little expectations.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00XB...131-5233-9e4f-1cbdaaa58839&pf_rd_i=2224022011

Didn't expect much but it's fantastic so far. Its not the most rigid, and I didn't expect as much due to the price, but it's extremely comfortable to be in for hours on end, and that's all that matters.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
For those of you who frequent the office/home office, I need a new chair.

I'll get the obvious stuff out of the way - I don't prefer a chair with a ***** strapped to the cushion to enter my bottom. But I appreciate the sentiment + effort anyway. Not my cup of tea.

My current options are:

Aeron - 1 Herman Miller Fully Loaded Size B Aeron Chairs - Open Box - 695976379818 | eBay

Mirra 2 - Herman Miller Mirra 2 Task Chair: Tilt Limiter - FlexFront Adj Seat Depth - Adj | eBay

Steelcase Leap v2 - New Steelcase Leap Chair Adjustable V2 Buzz2 Black Fabric Desk Seat Black Frame | eBay

Autonomous E2 - Ergonomic chairs: Best ergonomic office chair for your workplace

Obviously, I'd like to spend less. I've read mixed things about the E2. I'm willing to do a buy it for life type of purchase if that's the best options.

What do you desk surfing virgins use daily?

2 or 4 is my recommendation. Task chairs are usually pretty good and are very popular with the office crowd. I like #4 though. Looks great.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I went with the Herman Miller Mirra 2, fyi.

Will update. I think shipping is going to take a little over week, which is ridiculous. Thems the waters.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
2 or 4 is my recommendation. Task chairs are usually pretty good and are very popular with the office crowd. I like #4 though. Looks great.

The autonomous chair does look great. I've read some reviews (reddit, other corners) that say it was a little thin and wore a little quick. I figured i'd just drop the money and get the Mirra. It should last forever. I got it fully loaded so the complaints of stripped models shouldn't apply. We'll see. Can always send it back if I hate it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I use a Serta that is crazy comfortable, however if I had the choice, I would buy one of those Varidesk standing desks before I bought a nice chair. That’s next on my list.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I use a Serta that is crazy comfortable, however if I had the choice, I would buy one of those Varidesk standing desks before I bought a nice chair. That’s next on my list.

Standing desk is on the list, but I need one that is at least 70" wide... maybe more. I have a lot of monitors and speakers going on. If I could find a solution for mounting my studio monitors (8") off the desk, that would make it easier. But I'll be upgrading to 32" 4k monitors soon and thus need quite a bit of space.

I think the cheapest one I can find (also from autonomous) is like $650. That's pretty meh after a thousand dollar chair.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
upload_2018-11-2_11-39-48.png

Chair got here a couple days ago, if anyone as interested. Finally set it up. It's minty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad