Boredom Poll - Who is most important to the Jackets success next year

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Went with Jones but could have easily picked Murray. If this team is going to take the next step its most likely going to need to be lead by the D and those 2 are the leaders of that D

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The answer is always going to be the goalie. So I voted Jones. :laugh:

I guess it's the point that I've been making for a couple years now - the offence should be pretty good (it has been). The D has been bad and we expect it to someday be much better. When that day comes, the team will be good, and until that day, we'll be average at best. And there's no D that has the space to get better like Jones does. He's probably about a #2 quality defender right now but he has all of the mental and physical tools to be an elite #1.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I believe, with all my conviction, that the biggest issue this team faces in 16-17 is keeping the puck out of their own net. If game GAA once again averages about 2.8-3.0, plan on early spring tee times and studying the mock drafts.

Bob can single handedly put this team in the playoffs. They have the offense to win 3-1, 3-2 or 2-1. They can't win 5-4 regularly.

Would not be surprised to see this team languish mid-pack until December and this start to come together; defenseman, d help from forwards and goal tending. Hopefully the new "groin whisperer" is as good as they hope.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jones. He needs to take steps toward becoming that defenseman that management wants him to be. He needs to show significant improvement from his play last season, as it simply wasn't good enough. Bob is a close second, but we pretty much know what we're going to get there. The team is about the future, not the present, so I went with Jones.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Toss up between Jones and Bob. So I went with Bob. I think Jones is going to have a big season regardless of how Bob plays. Bob is the unknown at this point. He needs to have a big season and show he's a real top 10 goalie in this league.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
This was an easy one for me.....I just think the goaltender is every team's most important player

A poll with just forwards and D men would bring about more discussion IMO

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
There isn't one. I did giggle that Savard made the list.

I'm just going to say that we just need our best players to be our best players.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I had to vote Bob for this one.. I expect our defense to be better as a whole going forward this season compared to the last couple years with Jones and Murray hopefully stepping up more.

I think the success of this team comes down to Bobrovsky and whether he can prove he can stay healthy and have the mental fortitude to stand the pressure/test of the season.

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
It's Bob point blank. If he's healthy and the defense improve (which I expect under Shaw) the Jackets could push for a low seed playoff spot

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Has to be Bob. He's paid too much money to sit or be traded so he will likely be our goalie for 50-55 games. If he's Great we can push for the playoffs. If he's good and we get a lot of progress (Jones and Murray prove to be 1st pairing d-men, some scoring from youngsters, etc) we could still compete. If he's ok or worse then it's another top 5 pick.

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
I voted Bjorkstrand. He might be a 15-20 goal scorer or a 40 goal scorer. Finding a true stud scorer would change the entire dynamics of the team.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
IF Bob can stay healthy and regain his #1 form I feel a lot better about the upcoming season. IF he is injured off and on and struggles, I think the team follows.. even if Forsberg/Korpisalo play decent in backup duty.

Would LOVE to be proved wrong though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad