Boqvist vs Dobson vs Sanderson vs Drysdale

Best d prospect

• Total voters

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Drysdale is clearly the best player here, as far as potential goes. After that, it's a toss-up, IMO. Though Sanderson was looking pretty promising, before the season went sideways.

I'll go:

Drysdale
Sanderson/Boqvist
Dobson

Reactions: bert and Merrrlin

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The real answer is Jake Sanderson.

He is the prototype of true number one defenseman!

Great skating ability, amazing at defense zone and underrated offensive skill.

Reactions: gab6511

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Are we talking day of their draft (or supposed original draft date) or we talking at this specific moment?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Sanderson is the worst. I think Dobson ends up being the best all around but it could be Drysdale too.

I really think Boqvist ends up like Barrie. Solid offensive defenseman but if he is leading your dcore you got problems

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Sanderson is the worst. I think Dobson ends up being the best all around but it could be Drysdale too.

I really think Boqvist ends up like Barrie. Solid offensive defenseman but if he is leading your dcore you got problems
Nope, Boqvist took a massive leap defensively after January 1. He's just going to keep getting better there. Reports of him being bad defensively are outdated.

Last edited:

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
If we are talking day of draft, I was never really high on either Dobson or Boqvist as prospects, so my rankings will have to look like this:
Sanderson
Drysdale
Boqvist
Dobson

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Not sure who I like more out of Drysdale and Boqvist. I think I’ll give the edge to Drysdale because of how his skating should effect the transition game.

Drysdale
Boqvist
Dobson
Sanderson

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sanderson clearly last.

I'd probably rank the other three Boqvist, Drysdale, Dobson in that order, but its very close between the three.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nope, Boqvist took a massive leap defensively after January 1. He's just going to keep getting better there. Reports of him being bad defensively are outdated.

Boqvist has always been a good enough defender for an OFD. He's not physical or in your face, but I've never had any big issues with his defensive game.

Reactions: AB13

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
As prospects in their draft year? I'd go something like:

-Dobson/Drysdale as something of a wash.
-Sanderson.
-Boqvist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad