Boqvist or Broberg?

Which Swede?

• Total voters

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
This is extremely close.

Both had a ppg in the SuperElit, (Broberg's slightly better), and they had very similar ppg in the Allsvenskan. They both had great international tournaments as well.

They're also both great skaters, although I would have to give Broberg the clear edge in speed, and edgework is close. Broberg is bigger and better defensively, although Boqvist has better offensive instincts.

At first I was opposed to the Broberg pick, although I'm much happier with it now. I think he has #1 potential.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
This is extremely close.

Both had a ppg in the SuperElit, (Broberg's slightly better), and they had very similar ppg in the Allsvenskan. They both had great international tournaments as well.

They're also both great skaters, although I would have to give Broberg the clear edge in speed, and edgework is close. Broberg is bigger and better defensively, although Boqvist has better offensive instincts.

At first I was opposed to the Broberg pick, although I'm much happier with it now. I think he has #1 potential.

This is exactly how I feel having watched them both in Sweden. Broberg is better defensively and physically, Boqvist is better offensively and much more creative. It is like asking if you prefer a Hampus Lindholm type (Broberg) or John Klingberg type (Boqvist), it is mostly about what player type you prefer and what suits your team best

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Boqvist at the moment. I like Broberg as a prospect, but Boqvist is a legit top 10 talent. Hes a safer bet to be a better pro

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'd take Broberg as the one with more potential but Boqvist as the one who's gonna put it all together better. Clear edge Boqvist

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Oiler fan saying Boqvist

Both are big boom/bust picks with massive upside. Broberg probably has higher upside but is less likely to put it all together. So I went with Boqvist, who at this point we know can translate his game to NA ice and shows more consistency over a full season.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I think it's pretty much a tie and since I couldn't chose tie I went with Broberg because of his size.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Well, i loved Boqvist in his draft year (had him 5th OA) and liked Broberg in his (had him 27th OA), and Boqvist had a great D+1.

Easy choice for me.

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
For what it is worth, according to Corsica, in their respective draft years

Broberg
Probability of success: 77.93
Projected WAR/82: -0.12

Boqvist
Probability of success: 84.17
Projected WAR/82: 0.15

This model likes Boqvist, and it seems like most people in this thread agree.

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
Close. Bro vote for moral support. I wish you the best of luck! ;)

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Hawks fan voting Broberg because it translates to bro-mountain and that's awesome because he's bigger.

I speak fluent Swedish so my opinion is fine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad