Waived: Booth Compliance Buyout (per Bob Mckenzie)

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
What do you consider wisely? Im guessing it may end up just being cap flexibility and a roster spot maybe for someone like jensen instead or depending what comes back with a kesler trade.

I could take or leave booth honestly for one final year.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
The dominos are falling!

An extra $4.25M to use in FA, I expect Benning's first roster move will be a popular one.

Well, David, you were a good guy and a hard-worker. Hope you can find a job elsewhere.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
What do you consider wisely? Im guessing it may end up just being cap flexibility and a roster spot.

I could take or leave booth honestly for one last year.

Wisely in that they plan to make some moves to use that money.

My only worry is that they plan to sign some FAs and none come here.

That to me is wasting the space for a guy with one year left.

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
Strangely enough, I always liked Booth. Good personality, seemed like a very positive dude.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the extra cap room.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I don't mind it. I wouldn't have minded keeping him, either, but I'm also somewhat hoping the team either intentionally or unintentionally is not ultra competitive next season -- this may work to achieve that goal if it means more youth in the line-up.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Hopefully he has a nice honeymoon

BqIkc2-CAAE9FFG.jpg

Kelcey Brade ‏@ctv_kelcey 1m

As per @tsnbobmckenzie, #Canucks place David Booth on unconditional waivers for purpose of buyout. Booth wedding was on Sat. @CTVVancouver

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Wisely in that they plan to make some moves to use that money.

My only worry is that they plan to sign some FAs and none come here.

That to me is wasting the space for a guy with one year left.

See I dont really consider it wasteful exactly if your looking at FA's.

What if they resign santorelli, want to keep jensen on, alot of talk horvat will be a regular, we get two young pieces back for kesler who are ready to play in the nhl (etem and dsp), if we can make use of his roster spot for younger players I also wouldn't consider that wasteful. And we could even delve into discussing taking cap space back if a great trade presents itself with prospects/players you want. What if we try to package for the 1st overall and the panthers say only if you take jovanoski back for one year because our owner does not want to buy him out and we want to shed his salary. Jovo basically has a booth contract (1 yr left at 4m).

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Strangely enough, I always liked Booth. Good personality, seemed like a very positive dude.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the extra cap room.

Not really that strange, he's a good guy and never actually did anything wrong, just got hurt a lot and made a lot of money so people irrationally hated him.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
See I dont really consider it wasteful exactly if your looking at FA's.

What if they resign santorelli, want to keep jensen on, alot of talk horvat will be a regular, we get two young pieces back for kesler who are ready to play in the nhl (etem and dsp), if we can make use of his roster spot for younger players I also wouldn't consider that wasteful. And we could even delve into discussing taking cap space back if a great trade presents itself with prospects/players you want.

To me it just depends on what they do with it.

I'm not for or against it.

Just reserve my judgement till later.

I'm just glad JB has come in and is not screwing around.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Meh.

Sort of a no-brainer I guess, though the guy only has one year left. Guess it's just a new regime gutting the past GM's mistakes, etc. I'm guessing the supporting cast will look a lot different next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00