OT: Booo Aquilini thread

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Here it is folks. Aquilini cant silence the booos here.

post your favourite boooo vids and gifs for Franny

giphy.gif

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Guy's gonna bury this franchise. There are no Canucks fans anymore. We're all just witnesses to a massive never ending train wreck. Also there is no hope cause there is no sign things will get better. Just the same terrible results tear after year. If our goalies didn't save us in the bubble we might have change now.

Reactions: B-rock

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
View attachment 482828

The man told us himself, it's on him

I saw a YouTube video on my feed called "why the problem in Vancouver is no longer Jim Benning's fault". I though it was going to be deflection, but it said that Jim Benning has proven for years he isn't fit as GM yet Aqua keeps bringing him back. So don't worry we do blame you Frankie Blueberries.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Gonna be tough to get an empty building this season coming out of covid when you’re starting to see restrictions loosening.

too many people desperate to just get out there and do anything for entertainment. It doesn’t have to even be good entertainment. It is still the primary game in town.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Gonna be tough to get an empty building this season coming out of covid when you’re starting to see restrictions loosening.

too many people desperate to just get out there and do anything for entertainment. It doesn’t have to even be good entertainment. It is still the primary game in town.

Sure, it'll never be completely empty...or really even close, but if there are a lot of empty seats that will go a longer way than the boo's IMO.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
Sell the team!
Just googled. There are quite a few community owned sports teams around the world. many are set up as not-for-profit organizations. NHL would likely never allow it, but I would love to see this.

Green Bay Packers, Inc. is the official name of the publicly held nonprofit corporation that owns the National Football League (NFL)'s Green Bay Packers football franchise, based in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
The Packers are the only publicly owned franchise in the NFL.[1] Rather than being the property of an individual, partnership, or corporate entity, they are held as of 2021 by 361,300 stockholders. No one is allowed to hold more than 200,000 shares,[2] which represents approximately four percent of the 5,011,558 shares currently outstanding.[3] It is this broad-based community support and non-profit structure[4] which has kept the team in Green Bay for over a century in spite of being the smallest market in all of North American major professional sports.[a]
Green Bay is the only team with this public form of ownership structure in the NFL, grandfathered when the NFL's current ownership policy stipulating a maximum of 32 owners per team, with one holding a minimum 30% stake, was established in the 1980s.[5] As a publicly held nonprofit, the Packers are also the only North American major league sports franchise to release its financial balance sheet every year.[a]

Reactions: Cogburn

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
At this point it's obvious who the real problem is.

Benning may be an idiot but it's not his fault that Aquilini won't fire him.

Now with the rumours of Dale Tallon being involved in talks with ownership... It would just be more of the same OBC crap.

Reactions: B-rock

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The best protest would be... an empty arena.

You're not protesting anything by organizing some half-ass chants with 10% of the crowd. Vancouver is too big of a city filled with too many people who have nothing better to do in late November than go to the Canucks game with the free corporate tickets they were given. But if those are the only people at the games, then things might change.

Otherwise it's just fan passion, which they can dismiss as an uninformed position.

Reactions: DS7

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Unfortunately there are always people who will go to games and cheer on a terrible product for the brand name.
For the brand name? I go to the games because it’s a fun night out, win or lose. Great place to take a date and they sell beer. The stadium will never be empty

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
For the brand name? I go to the games because it’s a fun night out, win or lose. Great place to take a date and they sell beer. The stadium will never be empty
It's pretty cool going for one of your first times; especially in glass seats. Once you've been enough times it really isn't anything special if the on ice product sucks.

And if you're going for the shitty $18 beers, you're very easy to please.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
It's pretty cool going for one of your first times; especially in glass seats. Once you've been enough times it really isn't anything special if the on ice product sucks.

And if you're going for the shitty $18 beers, you're very easy to please.
I go to 90% of the games. Even when they lose I still have a good time. Especially after COVID, people want to be in a full stadium. I think “booing” or calling out Aquilini at the games is more realistic than a half empty stadium

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
This is the benefit of being on the island. I have a hard time justifying going to a game when the team is winning. It costs like a grand just to go to a game factoring in hotel, ferries, food, etc. Not paying Aqua money for this product is a tremendously easy decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad