Boone Jenner

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
What is the deal with Boone Jenner...23 year old center who put up 30 goals/50 points last year and this year he seems to be buried on 4th line with Sam Gagner and Company...is this just some classic Tortorella Nonsense or is there something behind this? i tried to catch game last night but i fell asleep due to time difference.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What is the deal with Boone Jenner...23 year old center who put up 30 goals/50 points last year and this year he seems to be buried on 4th line with Sam Gagner and Company...is this just some classic Tortorella Nonsense or is there something behind this? i tried to catch game last night but i fell asleep due to time difference.

Maybe Torts is just angry that Boone is from Canada and not from the South despite a very Southern sounding name. On topic, I think he may just be struggling early on, and Torts is just displeased. Torts is the type of coach who will throw his players under the bus even if they work their ass off and improve a lot, which is why RyJo hated him, and many other players as well.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
First couple of games Torts had Jenner - Dubinsky - Atkinson as a line. Collectively, they played like crap. Torts got the blender out.

Dubinsky and Jenner still haven't turned it on much this season. Torts is also trying to roll four lines, spread out the poor performers and the kids. I wouldn't look too much into the line "numbers" for the CBJ, Torts is going to try to roll with whichever line is doing better.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Jenner and Hartnell are both seeing less ice time until they find their game.

Why does accountability get labeled a bad thing when Torts is the one administering it.

I be shocked if Jenner doesn't respond the right way.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Torts' credibility is shot league-wide after Vancouver, the World Cup, and inevitably Columbus. He will be banished from the league for about 5-10 years like Crawford until the sentiment blows over.

Venerable-Torts will be one to fear, but the present day Angry-Man Torts does not work in the NHL anymore.

Think about it. What does Jenner have to lose by dragging his feat? If Jenner doesn't have a good season will they be blaming Jenner or the coaching and management staff that already drove off another young star forward?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Uhm...almost everyone (aside from the CBJ fans) are wrong. This isn't about Torts at all. To be honest, people here will take any opportunity to roast Torts even when subjects about the CbJ don't include him. And I'm not even a Torts guy.

Anyway, Jenner has played terrible to start the season. He'll get his spot back eventually.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Can someone just put this thread out of its misery now? Question has been answered.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Jenner and Hartnell are both seeing less ice time until they find their game.

Why does accountability get labeled a bad thing when Torts is the one administering it.

I be shocked if Jenner doesn't respond the right way.

Recent history over the last few years shows players generally don't respond to Tortorella.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Maybe Torts is just angry that Boone is from Canada and not from the South despite a very Southern sounding name. On topic, I think he may just be struggling early on, and Torts is just displeased. Torts is the type of coach who will throw his players under the bus even if they work their ass off and improve a lot, which is why RyJo hated him, and many other players as well.
Ryjo was lazy and wasn't giving his all in any games. It got to the point where even the upper management couldn't take it anymore and traded him for a guy that has thrived under torts in our #1 U23 Dman in Jones.

People who get angry at torts for Van are rediculous... they brought in the toughest more demanding coach in the league to coach the most finesse team in the league. It was terrible management. Team USA they gave him a really ****** team to coach that's not his fault. You win with Callahan and Erik Johnson. Not to mention the guys they couldn't have because they were on the U23 team.

At the end of the day Torts is the best coach for this team. I would say Trotz in Washington would be 2nd because he could really turn our D even further next level but other then that I would not take another coach. I have wanted torts since he was in NY and thought last year he was the perfect hire and he showed why he was the right guy last year from the time we got Jones onward. Other then the 3rd period of game one and some of the SJ game we have been great. 2-2 and 1 with a PP scoring at 50% and a PK that has gave up 1 goal all year which was good enough for 5th at the time last night not sure if we have moved up since then.

Basically blind hate will be blind hate. After this you can go in a thread talking about Toews tangibles.

PS Boone has just been bad this year to start, Torts doesn't play on the ice for him.and give him bad positioning and vision. He will get back to form within the next week or so.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Its because Torts respects Columbus but not Jenner because hes Canadian. Its a response to Canada not respecting Columbus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad