Boone Jenner wearing an A on jersey this year

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I was reading thru the chat today, and it was pointed out that Boone Jenner is wearing an A on his jersey. Porty said he thought it would carry over to the regular season, with him getting the C in next 2 years. Anyone catch this ? I read when we drafted Boone, his scouting report always said future captain in the Nhl. Guess I was surprised porty thinks he could be named captain within 2 years

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Anything is possible, but until the regular season starts or it's officially released, it's merely speculation on anyone's part.

What goes on inside that room is up to the team. Not even Portzline knows.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
They'll probably do alternating letters for road/home. With Dubi and Jack being the only 2 who have them all year. Maybe Letestu at home has an A and Boone away.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'll vouch for Porty a bit here... We can be legitimately annoyed at the constant "OMG we need a captain now now now" line of thought and still speculate as to what the club will do long term. I happen to think its very plausible that Jenner will get the captaincy for the long run.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I'd be sort of surprised to see it carry over to the regular season, but not because of Boone himself - more the other veterans.

I have his rookie road jersey and it has the remnants of a C. Prospect camp...but still...someday this kid wears a C for someone... :)

2013-14%20CBJ%20Boone%20Jenner%20Road%201-X3.jpg

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I don't think he will have it in two years while Dubie is still here. but after Dubie, I could see that.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I don't think he will have it in two years while Dubie is still here. but after Dubie, I could see that.

If Dubi was going to be the captain he would have been named already. Especially after signing a lengthy extension.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'd be sort of surprised to see it carry over to the regular season, but not because of Boone himself - more the other veterans.

I have his rookie road jersey and it has the remnants of a C. Prospect camp...but still...someday this kid wears a C for someone... :)

2013-14%20CBJ%20Boone%20Jenner%20Road%201-X3.jpg

Are his arms really that short? :laugh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jenner will have the C, while Dubinsky and Murray will be be full time A's within the next two seasons.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Here's a question does Jenner ever change to his junior number 22? Or is 38 to stay forever?

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I was reading thru the chat today, and it was pointed out that Boone Jenner is wearing an A on his jersey. Porty said he thought it would carry over to the regular season, with him getting the C in next 2 years. Anyone catch this ? I read when we drafted Boone, his scouting report always said future captain in the Nhl. Guess I was surprised porty thinks he could be named captain within 2 years

Which means its not anymore likely to occur. Seriously, Porty can't predict anything of this nature given how dynamic our personnel situation is. He's wearing an A for now and, thats great imo.

DaDucks*

Kid caught my eye last year in Anaheim, which is one of the greatest achievements a young player can have.
Ok, the 2nd part there was an exaggeration

Is this kid a two-way playmaker? How would u guys classify his game?

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Kid caught my eye last year in Anaheim, which is one of the greatest achievements a young player can have.

Pretty much an all-around player. He can do a bit everything, pretty much. He's VERY physical, he's a bit of an agitator and gets under the skin of the opponents multiple times a game, he's got a decent shot and does have the ability to set up his team mates with a damn good pass as well. He plays on both the PP and PK. He does need improvement on faceoffs, though. But he's getting better and will continue to do so.

I can see him getting somewhere around 20 goals this season ( well maybe 15 due to missing time with a hand injury earlier ) and 40-50 points.

So, overall, he's a hell of a player and will only get better. All of us CBJ fans love the guy. One of the hardest workers on the team and always shows up ready to play. Hard to find something about Boone to complain about, really.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

"Heir Apparent to Brandon Dubinsky". :)

DaDucks*

Thx for the info

So basically Getzlaf, Kesler, Jenner wouldnt be a bad thing to want?

Cheers

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
"
Portzline: Yes, he's worn an 'A', and soon he'll wear the 'C'. I haven't noticed him yapping. I see conversations, but he doesn't strike me as a complainer. I'm going to pass your message on to Jarmo Kekalainen and John Davidson, though. They should go sign that next Steve Yzerman-type player and leader. Jenner is going to be a really good captain. He's one of those kids who figures it out without having to go through it and make a mistake the first time."

Not sure if to put this here or "interesting tid-bits" but this struck me as odd - we know Jenner wore an A in preseason, but I can't recall him wearing one since he's been back. The team has rotated (when healthy) between Letestu, Johnson, Tyutin, Boll (every game), Wisniewski, and Foligno. As bad as the injuries have been, at least three of those guys have played in every game. Anyone have a regular season game of Boone wearing an A?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00